BOQ Wed Aug 26th 2009..W PICS!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

BOQ Wed Aug 26th 2009..W PICS!!

Post by almontefisher »

Hey all: Well the big day fishing with Italo Labigna is nearing and I wanted to ask people if they were fishing the BOQ for walleye what lures they would bring. I am going to be fishing out of Belleville. Leaving around 7:30am and fishing till unsure.

I have some slow death hooks and bottom bouncers but what else would people use??
Last edited by almontefisher on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fish Nut
Participant
Participant

Post by fish Nut »

Hey I fished around the corner from Picton (Hay Bay) for years with a bunch of guys out of a trailer park.
The guys that have been there for many years all used Vectors, which is a worm harness and they put just the tip of a worm on the hook. This is all trolling, but when the bite was on this worked best. They come in many colors.. get a bunch there cheap $2.00 or so.. try them.
Good luck
FN
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

i use lead head jigs to catch all my walleyes and they always worked for me ,,,,, you can tip them with a minnow or a worm or a yum shad !
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

if Italo is choosing where your fishing, bring your diving cranks...

he likes to fish the reach off keith's shoal.

right barb. :lol:
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Peter, send Sheldon or Gord a pm, i'm sure you'll get some good tips 8)

Good luck and have a great time
Bear
Superdad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

BOQ and Italo

Post by Superdad »

Bring your Rapala's........especially the Hot Chub Taildancer or perhaps the DT series.

Hope you have fun.

Cheers

David aka Superdad
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Was perfect weather .... Looking fwd to Pete's report - and pics!!!
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

SuperD's correct.

If your working Italo's program, you'll have fun with a mixed bag off cranks in deep(er) water.

Have Fun!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Well I am waiting for Italo to send me some pics...official pics of the day.....It was a great day on the water with multiple species caught in different situations. Only threw cranks the whole day and landed 10 walleye, 4 -5 bass ( Italo kept catching them and telling us to keep fishing while he released many ) and I got a 36" pike in the clearest water I have seen in that area. Came up out of 18ft of water from a large salad bar and stormed the lure. Lure's were taildancers and taildancers...all day. I will do a complete report tonight and post it for all.

Italo is a great guy who is a pro all the way. He even talks and teaches while doing everything.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

So here are the pics of the day...Out of all the pics we had the one's with me and Italo did not come out...Some local guy did not know how to use the camera. :cry:

Anyway here it is.........................!!!!

Got up @ 3AM to start my day of fishing. Really I was up all night excited about the chance to fish with Italo and to catch some nice BOQ eye's. Well drove down and arrived at the location for 6:30AM...enough time for a Timmies!!!

Met Italo and another guy George around 7Am as scheduled and off we drove to Picton to launch the G3 Canadian Sport Fishing boat into the water. As we stopped to fill up with coffee from Timmies a lady ran over to Italo and I was thinking...Someone recognized him!!...She say's.. Excuse me are you a Dickie's salesman?? His outfit was plastered with Dickie's logo's :lol: He very politely told the lady no he was a rep of the company. Had a good laugh over that one all day.

So get to the launch and launch the boat...Drove about 1000 ft from the launch and started our day in the bay....He was summing us up he said to see what skills we had. 5 minutes later we passed the test and off we go fishing.....Zipping down the channel I look down to see we are just over half throttle doing 45MPH....All of a sudden he throttles down and stops about 20ft from shore in 18ft of green algae water right by what he called the three cottages. No sooner had we cast our tail dancer crank baits did the clouds open up and rain down on us...Trolled the shoreline for 20 minutes and all of a sudden first fish is on...A good little fight George had on his hands and he brought this guy in thanks to his great "netman "...

George is a guy from Southern Ontario and he has a cottage on a lake called Sparrow Lake. Good fishing in it from what he said. I will go up there in a few weeks and find out.

Anway we continued to troll down the weedline when WHAM...fish on...using a ......taildancer crank :?

This was the next guy boated...

followed a few minutes later by this guy...Italo's first of many...

We picked up and drove to spot # 2.....a shoal in the middle of the water...would never fish there if I did not know it was there. A lovely little shoal in 9-15ft of water and this time we changed it up. We cast these cranks called taildancers at um... :lol:

This was my new PB and biggest walleye of the day...26.5"

Here is the shot of it Italo called the " Magazine" shot

And so we hit this spot for a little while and then moved on to two other spots.

Fished hard the rest of the day and had these non walleye hit the baits...

So I feel it was a good day's fishing.

Thanks Italo for the memory.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

Sounds (and looks! :wink: ) like you had an awesome day Pete!! :D

Congrats Dude, that's gotta be a great memory!! 8) 8)
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Hey Pete
Nice report - looks like you had a great experience that day - 8)
The multi species is awesome for a 1 day trip - time sure flies on the water!!
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Looks like a great time Pete congrats. Now maybe you will come out to one of the final three events and put those newly taught skills to use. :lol:
Erie-Eyes
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Erie-Eyes »

Congrats & well done Almontefisher - memories to last a life time. Beware of the BOQ bug - once it gets you, the only known cure is regular on the water visits.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

Yep, that's Italo's area....

You fished with deep cranks on the shoals off deep water, down the reach....

I bet you learned a lot....hopefully you remember where some of those shoals are come next spring....

Great job...and thanks for posting....