Looking for older color combination lure

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Looking for older color combination lure

Post by charbyc »

i have a cotton cordell wally diver i bought quite a number of years ago....

its been the best lure for a quick check for walleye and really never fails.... sometimes it just keep em coming and i once had 5 walleye in under an hour with this thing.......

the colors are chartreuse on top and silver on the bottom. i have checked rapala and cotton cordells web sites and cant find this color combo from either manufacturer.

now the conspiracy theorist in me thinks this color combo works so well that neither company wants to offer it hence they wouldnt sell any of their other assortment. i mean seriously yes this lure really worked that well....

the reality is my old lure is showing sings of wear and tear and i cant find the same combo, id be happy with any wally diver by any manufacturer in these colors! My buddy and I spray painted a silver cotton cordell chartreuse on top and he says hes never had a lure work so well........

anyone know where i might find one? i seriously dont care who makes it other wise im gonna have to keep painting them and the paint doesnt last very long :cry:
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Have you checked e-Bay?

They often have stuff you can't find anymore.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Wally Diver Chrome with Chartreuse is a standard colour you should be able to order it.

-sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Here's a link to the Cabela's website page for them.

All of the color codes (including chrome/chartreuse) are listed.

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0043899110397a.shtml
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

ahhh cabelas!

i hadnt checked their site yet thanks!!!!!!
crankbait58
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by crankbait58 »

Actually I just picked one of those up a week or two ago out at Ozile's on Petrie so they are obviously still being made - he seems to rotate the stock pretty quickly. I also recall seeing them at CTire earlier in the year but didn't need any then.