Wow

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Wow

Post by CCLad »

:shock:

Is the city ever going to do something about this? I'd tell them to take their thumbs out but at this pace it's probably better to keep them stuck in.....

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/20 ... 58251.html
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

First they have to spend a $180 million for a new library, then aprx $600 million for a tunnel downtown, and countless millions to rebuild Lansdowne Park, then, just maybe, they will deal with the stormwater/sewage leak thing. I mean after all, its only water we drink, fish and swim in. :roll:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

they just dont care about the river.they just dont.

there to$&%$*?%$&(? stupide..sorry for my words..but they are.

all those fish and all those animals and bird that do live in that river..people that use that water down stream...etc. this is sad.

and again..people dont seems to push it more...they kind off accept it..by doing nothing...sher there a bit off comment but..i dont see any manifestation about it or helse.

joco...
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

mabe a few bucket off that stuff and put it in there pool... :lol:

why not its not dangerous..or unhealthy..its just a few liter.. :roll:

joco
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

This is just sick... I'm getting people to write city councillors about this one.
cccp
Participant
Participant

Post by cccp »

the best place to empty this buckets would be city hall staircase. ohh NO then it would be a criminal act.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

This has reached a point where I must digress or reveal my true anger. It is disgracefull to say the least.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Definetly disgraceful for our National Capital.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
cccp
Participant
Participant

Post by cccp »

Just did a little bit of math. Next time one of you guys will pass Alexandra Bridge just look at the water. then stay there for about 30 min if the water is low or 10 min if it's high. That would be a time required for all that one year sewage dumped to the river to flow away.
Imagine it. Half an hour and no water. Just pure S***. From top to the very bottom. Shoot, now I think I can smell it.
FisherLife420
Participant
Participant

Post by FisherLife420 »

The people making the decisions no doubt do not fish, swim, or boat the river... if they did we would not be having this problem... its out of their sight.... out their mind... They don't use the river... therefore why care about it... pathetic. Hopefully, I'm wrong... but that's what it seems like anyway...

The mayor may get off.... but of this river scandal he is guilty... they all are for doing nothing... pathetic.
FisherLife420
Participant
Participant

Post by FisherLife420 »

What can we do?
FisherLife420
Participant
Participant

Post by FisherLife420 »

How much did that stupid spider at the gallery cost?

How about no money for anything trivial like that until this problem is solved?

And what about Gatineau? Haven't heard a thing about them... same deal for them or what?
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

cccp wrote:...Half an hour and no water. Just pure S***. From top to the very bottom. Shoot, now I think I can smell it.
I believe it is grey water, not black water that is being spilled. Isn't it the run-off from "land" that is being released... which is different that the poop that you flush...

Road's are covered with "gunk" from cars, litter, etc... and that's getting released/spilled into the water way... But I did not think that actual raw seweage was escaping the system and getting dumped.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Tim,

In the case of the bypass discharges it is a mix of stormwater and sewage water (but not solid waste). In the case of the blocked pipe last week, that could have been raw sewage. In the particular case the province will most likely fine the city for the spill.

An article in the paper last week also indicated that the city has already equalled its bypass discharge totals for 2008.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Ewwwwwwww........

When I was in Grade 7 we went on a class trip to the Canotek Road Sewage treatment plant as part of an environmental studies class.

Needless to say, there was ALL SORTS in that water....

Bikes, cigarette butts, condoms, money, body parts, human/animal cadavers etc....or so they told us there....apparently back in the 60's (or something) hospitals could dispose of limbs and organs in the water way and they ended up at the plant!Obviously THAT law was changed!
But they said they find all kinds of stuff in there and it isn't just turd/$hit tickets etc.

Was pretty GROSS......