My SEBO Experience. - White Lake.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

We came right in behind you Zimbo... Len and i were 22 over all with 11.25 tough fish :( ... looks like a lot of people were one fish from the money... but it was a good time, the winds picked up which made a little hard to stay on a spot.Was the boat that came up to you in the tourny?? or was it just a local?

Phil
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Glad you had a good time at the SEBO tourney.

I had the same invasion of personal space issue on Sunday at Charleston. Normally I'd be right into the guy's face over something like that. There really isn't any excuse for that kind of stuff. HOWEVER I decided to say nothing and move along.

DropShot'r
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Zimbo wrote::lol: You guys crack me up :lol:
The guy was fishing by himself in a bass boat. It sounds like everyone has had a run in with some....mmm..shall I say kn*bs . :roll:
And this is why I carry the Max Liquidator on board. Anyone who comes within my 30' personal space gets shot. Although on a really hot day, it loses its effectivness.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/S ... %2BGun.jsp
IFish
Participant
Participant

Post by IFish »

That\s happened to me once in 20 years of fishing that a guy came right over and tried to fish over me.

It was Calabogie Lake and I was 15 and couldn't care less... I just thought the guy was a super-loser and then went to another spot... no probs. Now I might try to fish over him though... hahaha

Actually, nowadays my boat might drift right up to the loser and then we'll see who is the 'Man' of the spot! I won't lose based on principle... I'lll send that loser on his way! Get outta here, loser! Go fish some other spot!
Zimbo
Participant
Participant

Post by Zimbo »

:lol: I may just have to get one of those Water Guns MLR... :lol:

curls, we had the same issue...lots of small fish.....in the afternoon, we concentrated on throwing really big rubber baits to try weed out the bigger fish, we did upgrade 2 of our fish, so I guess it paid off, but it was very slow going.
jcuts9
Participant
Participant

sebo

Post by jcuts9 »

I must say that i too really enjoyed the tournament on white lake. My wife and I were on vacation so we gave it a try. I knew all day I needed one more 3 pounder to have a shot. I didn't know that our 13.4 would be only 4 ounces out of 5th place. That one stung a little to miss out on money by so little, since the paid out 7 spots and we came in 8th LOL. But I didn't lose any fish that would have helped, so it was all we had.

I will say it was a very well run event, and all the people we met were friendly and polite. I will look forward to vacation next year!!! We really enjoyed the trip up there!!
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: sebo

Post by curls »

jcuts9 wrote:I must say that i too really enjoyed the tournament on white lake. My wife and I were on vacation so we gave it a try. I knew all day I needed one more 3 pounder to have a shot. I didn't know that our 13.4 would be only 4 ounces out of 5th place. That one stung a little to miss out on money by so little, since the paid out 7 spots and we came in 8th LOL. But I didn't lose any fish that would have helped, so it was all we had.

I will say it was a very well run event, and all the people we met were friendly and polite. I will look forward to vacation next year!!! We really enjoyed the trip up there!!
Hey man, sorry to hear you were one spot out of the money... but hey you did better than 77 other boats so there's nothing to be ashamed of at all, GREAT job!!

Thanks again for the drinks afterwards, Jordan and I appreciated it and really enjoyed talking fishing with you and your wife as well. Hope your trip back was safe and that you caught some perch for the pan also. :)