Lac Dumont

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
High Noon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Lac Dumont

Post by High Noon »

Hi Folks,

I am heading up to Lac DuMont on the Quebec side just past Otter lake for some lakers and maybe a bit of pike action and I was wondering how deep the lakers might be? Any info on the lake for pike would be helpful as it is a huge lake and my boat is not.

Thanks

High Noon
troutbum
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by troutbum »

we were fishing in the Otter Lk. Que. area this past weekend. All the lake trout we caught were in 35 to 50' down 15 to 20' Some off lead core a some off the downrigger.
High Noon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by High Noon »

Thanks guys.
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

High Noon, I have been on Lake Dumont many years ago, Will be going there soon to scout for moose track/signs.

Three entry points to the lake, one is private (entry road opposite Squaw Lake outfitters roads on Picanoc rod. The other by entering the Baie de la Truite off Burnt Lake bridge higher on Picanoc road. The last by the beach area which can be accessed by two different roads (either Picanoc or Hwy 105).

I have the lake chart for depthness, you can now see the lake with real good resolution on Google Earth, since they did heavy looging in the last few years around the lake.

When I fished I used my depth sounder in combination with my 200' line temperature gauge for accurate water temperature. Fished once with a lead line, but also afterwards with small Scotty downrigger cannonball. All this from my SportsPal canoe. When the wind raises, you head for shore a.s.a.p.

Got a 14' aluminum shallow V boat since then with a 9.9 merc., just perfect for many lakes.

When you planning on going up, and by which entry point?

Send me a PM

Michel Dumont (a.k.a. LeGrand)