Calabogie report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Seems to be a bunch of smart a** punks posting these days.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Good luck O.P. and keep the lines tight.
bigpikemike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bigpikemike »

paya and Ohridska Pastrmka u guys say it well...pm sent to u paya...i iknow i bite back to the guys on here but really i just love to fish and love taking my kids....and always willing to trade spots with a fellow fisherman
Big Pike Mike always reels them in!
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

bigpikemike wrote:i know i bite the guys on here but really i just love to fish and love taking my meds....
Yes Mike.....we understand. :twisted:
bigpikemike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bigpikemike »

didnt the mods tell you that u couldnt do that b4....its ok i got ur lakes...hope there r no vehicles in the way when i drive in with my tank....but really half u dreamers on here r probably shoe lace xpress...thats why ur behind the keyboard so much....try posting pics of fish instead of negativity
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

bigpikemike wrote:didnt the mods tell you that u couldnt do that b4....its ok i got ur lakes...hope there r no vehicles in the way when i drive in with my tank....but really half u dreamers on here r probably shoe lace xpress...thats why ur behind the keyboard so much....try posting pics of fish instead of negativity
:lol:
bigpikemike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bigpikemike »

<<<<<<see that pic...thats me and my boy catchin musky...thats what its all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Paya
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: You're the man Paya!!!

Post by Paya »

Ohridska Pastrmka wrote:Thank You "Paya"!

I am definetly leaving this Forum, there is no point of helping other people and not being helped when needed.
I hope you'll all have a good time out there and catch a lot of fish.
Keep in mind that being a human and help other people is much more valuable than being selfish and mean individual.

Cheers to good people![/b]
You are welcome.
Why would you leave this forum ? There are always people that are willing to help and on the other hand I personally know some of the above poster . Some of them I know from here and others I had a chance to fish with. They are good kids but with the short memory.For some reasons very protective about locations, but on the other hand they forget about help they where getting on this forum as well. I wouldn't be surprised if you already have few pm's from them with some help offered. Anyhow good luck but I wouldn't mind reading your lakers/splake/brokies reports.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: You're the man Paya!!!

Post by Bass Addict »

Paya wrote:For some reasons very protective about locations,.

Only a fool would give away the name of a Honey hole / Lake etc etc

For obvious reason's ...ie look what happened to the Calabogie area lakes

But as far as the Ottawa River / Rideau River / Lake Simcoe /

Can't see any issue's with giving reference to those kind's of spot's

Give away the name of a Good Trout Lake = It will get fished out in a hurry.....
Last edited by Bass Addict on Wed May 06, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

BA,

I totally agree with you!
However, even giving up a spot still does not guarantee someone will catch fish.....

Just because somebody drops a location, does not mean that people will know what to use to catch fish, what depth they are at etc....

I went to a few "spots" over the winter with quite a few people and went to some spots suggested to me by people. I even had a Depth sounder with me too....

Some days I caught and other times I got skunked. Sometimes the flashers didn't even show fish and I'd be in an area where tons of holes were drilled.

I agree we have to respect the fishery.

Now I only fish with a handful of people.
bigpikemike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bigpikemike »

i am in a honey hole right now and i will tkae anybody who wants to go!!!....and BA calabogie is no secret...its on TV and has vacation resorts all around it....knew about it 20 years ago when i lived in northern ontario
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

No Mike we said "honey hole" not "honey pot".... :lol:
bigpikemike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bigpikemike »

i dont get it?
tinman454
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

get real !!

Post by tinman454 »

Guys i said it before, if some one wants lakes for trout give me a pm. i will gadley help out. You guys that think its your honey hole, i laugh at that idea. I agree that some people are lazy but if they can get to a lake i tell them about they are seroius fisher people and deserve a chance to catch some fish. If they know where the lake is, it doesn't mean that they're going to catch fish. I think it's more about the ability of a person to catch fish as much as location. I have fished Calabogie area for years and never had a problem on any lake to catch fish. At the same time other people on the same lake fishing have caught none. Is this the lake I am fishing on or is it my fishing ability?? ie. Round Schooner lake this winter - 10 sets of fishermen on the ice and I was the only one to catch my limit. Are they fishing on my honey hole or am I just a better fisherman? Think about it guys, anyone can find a lake, but it takes a true fisherman to catch fish. So in my opinion, every lake I fish is my honey hole.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

bigpikemike wrote:i dont get it?
1) It was a joke.
2) You serious? You have no idea what a "honey pot" is????? :shock: