sloooowwwww weekend for anyone else?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

sloooowwwww weekend for anyone else?

Post by Yannick Loranger »

Did anyone find the fishing slow this weekend? My 2 usually super reliable walleye spots only yielded 3 and 4 walleye/sauger on Saturday and Sunday. Time of the year I guess. I bet with the gorgeous weather today, they'll be going gangbusters tonight...too bad I can't head out.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

end off jan and feb is the slowles off winter..but still can get some fish.

i love end off feb and march...very nice days out and good action.

joco
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

The weekend was an absolute right off.. No Whities action

Even McLaurin Bay didn't produce,, :shock: :shock:
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

"McLaurin didn't produce"??? I thought those words for considered blasphemy on FH. I hope the mods don't catch you! Looks like another fairweathered weekend ahead, if anyone wants to join us for eyes in Rockland, let me know.
Tight lines,
Yannick
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

...the bite was on today though (Mc Bay).....got 50 perch in no time....this is what I just had for diner!

.....word is out now walleye is on fire at La lievre (allways is the a week before full moon)

So I will be planning a trip there this week for sure!!!...anyone interested leet me know....Wednesday afternoon...got to be there at 2:30 in the afternoon....all lines must be set by 3pm.....the frenzy is usually when the sun comes down!

joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

BB444

perch wit worms or no wroms.?

i hope those you had did not had some. :roll: :lol: .

i hate to see them full off it. :x

joco
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

Joco,

Some had a few but it was way much better than early Jan catches. I take them off of course.
86Robinson
Participant
Participant

Post by 86Robinson »

One pike out of two days of fishing, still haven't got a single walleye this year. Hopin to try a new spot out this weekend, see how that goes.
Jair
Participant
Participant

Post by Jair »

I had one of my best days @ Shirley's ever.....got away from the crowds slightly and the perch were bang on.

Stung my 1'st 3 over 10" this year + a few evening eyes that capped the day off just dandy.

I'm glad it happened as I've been getting my butt handed to me fairly regular this ice season. :oops:

Good skill to all :D

Cheers, Jair
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Friday was so-so.....5 lakers in our group of 4...

Sunday was fantastic....likely the best day on ice we had all season so far.....nearly a dozen splake....perch, big seeds and a few OOS fish... :oops:

Looks like a warming trend on its way....could make for some great days on the ice fellas...

RJ
|D4|
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by |D4| »

Hope the warm weather will improve the fishing. Got totally Skunked this week end :(
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

I had a fair weekend. Had no plans to venture out of town this wekeend with all of the snow and with the multiple trips into the hills this year it was a nice break. Fished local for walleyes and splake with minimal numbers of fish landed.

I did however witness the largest pike I have ever seen in my life landed and released just out of Aylmer. Good guess would be around 17lbs and caught on a golden shinner beneath a tip-up. I didn't think to grab the camera as I had run back and fourth from my trap twice to grab pliers and mouth spreaders to free the huge fish which was out of the water no more than a minute or so...I will be back out there this week to target pike and walleyes in this area...Fishing has been outstanding out there.

And on another note, I had one of my flag tip-ups get completely trashed by some fella on a snowmobile...He was very sorry and offered to replace the set-up with one of his own. Because of all the snow you could not see it at all ...I think the dude felt really bad about it too...Very surprised he had winded a complete 360 to see what he had done and came over to apologize.

No trout
4 Walleyes
6 Pike

Anthony with an ugly walleye to go aong with a crappy pic :lol:
Last edited by Tip-up on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

I had my worst weekend of the year as well. I was only out one day and we caught 4 walleye, which is really low considering we would usually catch 20. This was on the St.Lawrence
valley_boy
Participant
Participant

Post by valley_boy »

I made it out for a couple of hours last night for the walleye bite on the Ottawa and they were going really good. I landed 4 and had 3 other hits in about 3 hours of fishing, all on a jig. The warm weather seems to having them going on the Ottawa anyway!
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

valley_boy wrote:I made it out for a couple of hours last night for the walleye bite on the Ottawa and they were going really good. I landed 4 and had 3 other hits in about 3 hours of fishing, all on a jig. The warm weather seems to having them going on the Ottawa anyway!
Yesterday afternoon was good on the river for me as well valley_boy...they were hitting hard!!....Sunday was slow...a few light taps within 15min and that was it!!...just as well, was able to get home in time to see the kick-off for the Super Bowl...