First outing of the New Year

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bruin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

First outing of the New Year

Post by Bruin »

So things got off to a not so good start....As organized as I was, my fishing partner was not....None the less, we head out to a local Lake trout lake here. It was about 09:30hrs :oops: by the time we left my place.....

Brought along my vexilar and new clam scout....

3 hours later and we have a total of 7 lakers total....

I get a lot of razzing from my chums about the vex, until yesterday. I shared the screen with my bud and explained to him what he was seeing.....He is hooked too.....

All of the equipment worked well and we caught fish....What more could you ask for.....

So far so good!!!
wolf5
Participant
Participant

Post by wolf5 »

Is that you went to iron lake I read in your another story and wonder do you go there by snowmobile?
Bruin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bruin »

ya we go in by snowmachine....Its about 10 mins in from the closest road....Its quick and close to home....What more could you ask for.... I picked up 5 on my own...The vex helps....its a big deep lake

Are you around the Soo?
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

7 lakers, that's a wicked day in my books. Thank the vex of course :lol:
Bruin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bruin »

We are spoiled in the north...what can I say...And the vex definately helped
I outfished my bud 5 to 2...not that we were keeping score, but the "loser" buys the coffee on the ride home :lol:

I picked off 2 that were suspended...he had no idea
He had to stick to the usual off bottom routine...He uses the camera, but my argument is that you have to bring the camera to the fish to see em and unless you know where they are...all you see is bubble....very cool to see fish on it though

I'll have to take more pics this year I guess....I just never think about it...Only the big ones get pictures