Looking for culling system

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
bassman40
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Looking for culling system

Post by bassman40 »

Looking to buy a culling marking system. Not sure what makes or models are out there or where to get it but figure i better get organized.
I kinda like the colored, floaty ones I see on the FLW tour series shown on WFN channel. Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

thanks,
Gravelguy4
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gravelguy4 »

Hi Bassman,

I have the "Glory Bags" culling system. they are 6 differently colored bags with zippers that keep the fish calm in the live well. they are excellent! the fish tend to not spit up when in the bags and they are still lively after a day in the well. We haven't lost a fish yet using the bags and they make handling the fish at the end of the day really easy.

Ed at Paddletales carries them. He can tell you more about them.

We had trouble with the lip clip systems coming off of the fish when they thrash around the live well.
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

Haven't used the Glory bags but they look interesting. I use the 'safety pin' clips with the color floating balls.

Regardless of the system you have, don't bother with a weigh scale. Get a balance beam in order to perform the cull. This is more accurate than any weigh scale out there. Once the fish is clipped, you can simply put 2 fish on the blancing beam and it is as clear as day which fish is bigger (simply physics). Sure the weigh scales gives you the weigh of the fish but you could still be off by an oz or two due to inaccurate scales, wind, waves, fish trashing, etc.

Feel free to read this article (Not plugging this brand but any means).

Cheers,

Mike
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Bassman40: I have a few options for culling systems at the store.

Ed
Paddletales Tackle
Save a bass. Eat a chicken