Boat finished except steering wheel

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
something_fishy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Boat finished except steering wheel

Post by something_fishy »

I finally finished restoring my 1964 Speeditwin boat. repainted, all new steering cables and pulleys, new throttle and gear cables new carpet, new upholstory, all new teak wood accents, new lower gear assembly and other mechanical parts, basically rebuilt the entire thing. It took 2 months and about $500, but well worth it. I originally spent $350 for the boat and motor and it was a wreck, but now it looks like a true classic and it runs just beautifully!!! The steering wheel is the one I am in auction for on ebay.

Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Nice work lad!! :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Terry_F
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Terry_F »

Looks great SF.
Must attract some attention at the boat launch.
Great job.
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

Looks very nice in person :!: Good job! :D
JRSuprstar
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JRSuprstar »

nice job...looks good
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Old cars, old bikes.....old boats! oh my!!!!! :shock:

Congrats! She probably now rins and looks better than in 64!

That`s sweet!

All for under 1K too! Gotta love it!

J
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Is it just me or does anyone else see this thing hitting a ramp with an explosion and then racing away with Bond inside....or the Bandit :lol: That is the same boat from those movies right???
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

I think Nodie and I talked to you on the water a little while back, down at Petrie. You were with a buddy and asked if there were any nearby marinas. Boat looks great, it was the front bench seat that caught my eye :)
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Nice job

Post by Seaweed »

Beautiful job

I used to run a boat a lot like this. I would highly recommend a windshield install whenever you can. It will save you getting a lap full of water when you hit big waves.

Probably any old windshield would do but if you can find an original then your restore just got further along and the value of the boat just went up. 8)
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

Tip-up wrote:I think Nodie and I talked to you on the water a little while back, down at Petrie. You were with a buddy and asked if there were any nearby marinas. Boat looks great, it was the front bench seat that caught my eye :)
Yep that was them :lol: Did you manage to find that marina? :lol: Was it ever windy that day!! :shock: :shock:
Jasonb
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jasonb »

Nice looking rig u got there... good job on the restoration... alot of people go out and buy a boat with the intentions of restoring it but it seems they end up selling it worse off then when they got it... lol... good work man... shes a beauty

JaY
digitalchef
Participant
Participant

Post by digitalchef »

Sweet!
something_fishy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

windshield

Post by something_fishy »

It had a small driver-side squared off homemade windshield, but it looked really bad so I removed it. I much prefer the look of it without a windshield too. The shape of the hull (indents into the bottom hull about 3 inches halfway down)keeps the water from coming up along the front end, it channels it along the side until about halfway where it comes up. We had her out that day with really bad waves and it got the occassional splash from the side, but none from the front, it hops on top of the waves anyway, not much up and down motion, more like a slap your balls on the seat motion!!! Had to resort to driving with my nuts in hand to keep them from smacking the seat, this boat puts out a decent speed for an old motor!! :P
Anyway, thanks for all the positive feedback, so far I am the top bidder on the steering wheel, only 1 day and 15 hours left on bidding!!!

Here it is in action on Tuesday night this week, just a perfect night for it!!

Chris
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Well done ,,,

Congrats 8) 8)