Boating and Drinking

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
something_fishy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Boating and Drinking

Post by something_fishy »

Does drinking a dealcoholized (0.5%)beer count as drinking and driving? Would I get in trouble for that, I don't drink alcohol, but would they still see it as alcohol??

something_fishy
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

What do they do if you are drinking that beer while driving a car? Same difference!!!
katch moore
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by katch moore »

yeah but he's not talking about beer. he's wondering about dealcoholized(0.5%) alcohol.

there's a little difference. one you have to buy at a designated alcohol retailer (beer store...) and the other you can buy anywhere.

i've seen convenient stores selling labatt alcohol free beer.

so i would say that you aren't doing anything illegal when comsuming dealcoholized beer while using a motorized vehicle.

is it illegal to consume dealcoholized bubbly(champagne) while driving? nope cus it's just carbonated apple/white grape juice.

just my opinion
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

All I said was that there is no difference whether it's a car or a boat.

i have no idea if it's legal or not??
Musky51
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Musky51 »

how many .05's would you have to drink to be under the influence?

Its not a problem guys...
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

I would think if it's got any alcohol in it it's a no-no!
something_fishy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

alcohol

Post by something_fishy »

Technically, it does have alcohol, but realistically, it doesn't have enough to register as an alcoholic drink, hence why you can get it at any grocery store in the pop section. I've been drinking .5 for years, and believe me, you can't even get a buzz off it!!
The best one out so far is Labatt's Nordique, it actually tastes just like a lite beer, even foams up like one, but I've had 6 in about 3 hour period and all it did was make me have to pee real bad like!! :D
You actually get more of a buzz off of those new energy/caffeine drinks on the market, so I imagine it would be looked at the same way as a can of coke or pepsi. It would technically take 10 cans of .5 beer to equal 1 can of 5% beer, and you would have to drink the 10 cans as fast as you could drink the 1 can of real beer. So, if you could down 10 cans of .5 in the same amount of time it would take you to socially drink 1 can of bud, then you would have 1 beer in you, but it would be dramatically diluted from all the water you just took in, so you would have to take that into consideration too, as well as the fact that after 10 beers you would have to pee real bad, so if it takes a few beers to get a buzz, you would need like 30 or 40 .5 beers in the same amount of time to get even a slight buzz, if any!! :lol: :lol:
So, I'm gonna go with the "I'm safe" bet.
Abraxus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Beer

Post by Abraxus »

De-alcholized beer tastes like Ka-ka! Why even bother? Personally I totally approve of the rules governing drinking and boating. There are far to many high powered boats on the water now adays! Basically a 250hp bass boat T-boning a 14ft tinny is just not a good day on the water! Leave the booze on shore!
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Seabass81 »

Well I have been on the quebec side and had a beer or 2 in the boat. Nothing better! But in ontario it is illegal. So what if I had unopened beer in the and every time I got thirsty I jumped in the lake and drank it beside my boat? :lol: :idea:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Again ,leave the booze at home.......
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

I'd have to jump in and join you Chris....
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Beer

Post by wolfe »

Abraxus wrote:De-alcholized beer tastes like Ka-ka!
:lol: :lol: I agree! :lol: :lol:

I'd say even those "de-alcoholized" beers (:roll:) would be frowned on, just from an image point of view, whereas anyone else out on the lake seeing you throw back a bottle or can would assume it was fully leaded, and it could influence them in a negative way. Just my thoughts.

Why risk it, anyway?

W.
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

DRINKING AND BOATING = A PERSONAL INVITATION TO THE DARWIN AWARDS LIST

:twisted:
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: .

Post by Joe28 »

Seabass81 wrote:Well I have been on the quebec side and had a beer or 2 in the boat. Nothing better! But in ontario it is illegal. So what if I had unopened beer in the and every time I got thirsty I jumped in the lake and drank it beside my boat? :lol: :idea:
You obviously don't understand the effect ingestion of alcohol has on your body... it doesn't matter where you drink it... once you drink it you're affected... dude. That beer's in you and its affecting you ... Your reasoning is seriously flawed Buddy, if you think because you drank the beer in the lake you're exempt from the laws you're wrong. we want good operators out there.
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: .

Post by Joe28 »

Seabass81 wrote:Well I have been on the quebec side and had a beer or 2 in the boat. Nothing better! But in ontario it is illegal. So what if I had unopened beer in the and every time I got thirsty I jumped in the lake and drank it beside my boat? :lol: :idea:
If you're driving the boat... you're busted. Yeah, we got stopped by the Quebec MNR last year... I was drinking in the boat.. 8.00 at night had an open beer... I wasn't driving the boat... they did not care... very serious though about about our catch... and licenses... buddy had his but didn't have it on him... 2hrs on shore... calls... many calls.. resulted in buddy not getting a fine. Buddy did have a license though... I bought mine with him.

If anything, much respect to those Quebec Ministry guys for allowing my buddy to prove his license... they were cool guys all the way out... he proved it later on the week at a Main Office...

It was cool, and those Quebec MNR's were awesome.