trout for a Quebecker!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BUG
Participant
Participant

trout for a Quebecker!

Post by BUG »

Hi! everybody!
I am a member on pecheenville.com forum its like your site but in french.
I just want to ask question about similitudes and differences between fishin here or in your area. In my city zone the fishin will open with trout the april 27 but maybe rivers are differents for sure. I'll begin with questions about trout for now. Wich lure do you use fore lakes and rivers? and what kind of trout do you fish? brown stealhead omble de fontaine etc"
Tomcat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Tomcat »

Hello:

While I have lived in Orleans for over 40 years, I've done 95% of my trout fishing in western Quebec, mostly for speckled trout (moucheté) and lake trout (grise). In my opinion, one of the spinning best lures for these trout in western Quebec is an EGB in the 204 pattern - see http://www.egblures.com/purchaseframe.html
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

For Specks and Bows I have to put a word in for Sutton West River Spoons. Deadly for shallow water Specks especially. More specificlly, 5-15 ft. I am particular to the 44's in hammered brass and silver or the 72's in flat silver. These are presented by taking off the treble, attaching 16" of fluorocarbon with a single hook and worm. I add split shots for extra weight as req'd.

If I'm going deeper, I like the homemade gang trolls I make, again with 16 inch fluoro lead and single hook. This rig works well for both Lakers and Specks.
BUG
Participant
Participant

Post by BUG »

Yeah chrome and gold its good! you may have one side gold and the other side chrome too. Its another good choice. This summer I'll try to put a fly just before the troll. Its look like a minnow who want catch a fly or other insect. its a good trick. often the fish will eat the fly first just by competiton with the minnow (the troll). Near Québec in the Laurentide Park we use chrome and red bob-it. its the best for these speckled trout in this kind of lake.
I'll try this summer a doubled hook streamer made by a guy here called the tricolor. specially made for big steelhead and speckled trout.

waxworm or superworm gave me good chance too ( sold in petchop)