Bass Fishing today

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

How many people need to inform Wally that he made a mistake...I think one person is enough...How come threads like these get so much attention???
taylor
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by taylor »

Because it's more interesting than catching a giant sucker with a peice of corn. :lol:
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

GetTheNet!!! wrote:The old regs are still in effect until Dec 31 2007. Those new ones come into effect Jan 1 2008.
Thanks for clarifying as I was about to ask a question about this.
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

Well, that's a whole lot of minutes I'll never get back... :roll:

Funny how this stuff never happens on the private board I'm a member of. :lol:

"How come threads like this get so much attention?"

Almonte - it's like a train wreck - people can't divert their attention. :shock:
But your three posts, and an entirely seperate thread on the subject, certainly add to the attention and the views...:wink:

Ahhh, the days before the internet. When we could all just go out for cheap beers and tell the best damn fishing story of them all..

Good Fishing,
Justin
Justin Hoffman
Field Editor - Ontario Out of Doors Magazine
Fishing Writer / Wildlife Photographer
www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Okay I can admit that I had read the regs wrong, possibly because I don't fish for bass after ice up

And what lake was it again. thanks to all those that have pointed my error in reading.

Let's not worry about the crap disturber but the guy that misreads the regs (let's get him)
Last edited by Wallyboss on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

If anything the thread highlights how difficult and confusing it can be to determine what the actual MNR regulations are. Hopefully they (MNR) will get the 2008 regulations corrected and released for Jan 1st.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Responses like that are what make people want to leave this site...Now I will never be peed off that much to leave FH but some are not as tollerant as I am...Stuff like this just washes off my back but come on now this is silly...See even I am getting suckered into this...dang you :evil:

Justin: I guess you are right...I have fueled the flames with my last post...but it was funny :lol:
Last edited by almontefisher on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by topwater »

I can't believe that everyone has not figured out that all taylor ever does is stir the pot , best to ignore him maybe he will go away.
GetTheNet!!!
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GetTheNet!!! »

Sorry WB, I didn't realize someone else had already posted a correction. Mine was much more tactful anyway. It's been withdrwan.
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

I'll say one last word on the subject, then head back to reality...:?

What is REALLY sad about this is the attention it receives, and yes, we're all guilty of it. This thread, which amounted to nothing more than a couple of bass being caught through the ice, received 40 replies (thus far)!

And just down the page we have a tribute to a kayaker and fellow board member that passed away, and the numbers never went that high...:x

Many on this board produce excellent reports, with pictures, stories, techniques and locations, yet, and if they are lucky, receive a handful of replies or page views.

We have to ask ourselves why we put so much attention into these "train wreck" threads, of those that stir the pot, yet don't when it comes to the most important threads, that are the backbone of this board?

If anything at all, that's why people choose to leave this site.

Let's support each other, let's show respect to one another...but most importantly, let's add our input and attention to those posts that really and truly deserve it...

'nuff said.

Good Fishing,
Justin
Justin Hoffman
Field Editor - Ontario Out of Doors Magazine
Fishing Writer / Wildlife Photographer
www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Failure to communicate

Post by Seaweed »

What we have here..... :lol:

Every year it happens... cabin fever... too much time between open-water and hard-water fishing every spring and fall and this type of stuff happens.

Hang in everyone... mother nature will have us back out there doing our thing soon.

C ya out there. :wink:
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Seabass81 »

Well I obviously cant read. Bass are open to until dec31 and that when they close until summer.

Should take my time while reading these regs!! :oops:

John
MattSymons
Participant
Participant

Post by MattSymons »

taylor wrote:Jasonb, yes I eat 3-4 pound smallies. Why wouldn't I? They have 3-4 times the meat a 1 pounder would.

Slop, I just scrap a fillet off each side and toss the carcass. I leave the skin on. It's easier to dispose of a little skin than the whole carcass at home.

Spence, I agree they taste no better and they taste no worse. Cold water has a way of making white meat fish taste fantastic. I got a pile of crappie yesterday and yes, they taste great.

Badger and TroutnMuskieHunter - you're input is nothing more than harressment. Buzz off. FH has moderators now, your self proclaimed post policing isn't needed.
One reason not to eat larger fish, bass, walleye, whatever, is that they are older fish, more scarce than smaller fish and thus a more limited resource...better to keep a handful of 1-2s than any 4s and 5s. Remember that we all share these resources!
Another might be that larger fish, being older fish, have had more time to accumulate toxins in their flesh from their environment. Mmm, that's good mercury.
Yet another might be that 4s and 5s are prime breed stock for the reproduction of fish that have the genetic capacity to reach such sizes and larger. Again, we share the resource.

How did the slogan go...'limit your catch, don't catch your limit'.

It's called stewardship. Taking care of our environment and resources so that future generations have them to enjoy. We are the front lines, and its up to us to ensure that conservation education and stewardship of resources continues. Raping and pillaging went out of vogue a while back.

How many fisheries need to collapse before we pull our heads out of our iceholes? :wink:
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

What the point is here is not that somebody was ice fishing for Bass, If the bass is in season I would love to see pictures of bass caught while icefishing. I caught one bass on the weekend and i was glad that it got off at the side of the , I said I was glad not having to take it out of the water thinking that they were OOS. I knew that they were in season on the Quebec side and I would love to go ice fishing for smallies, they must give you a hell of a good fight.

The reason that this subject got so much attention is that somebody posted that they icefished for bass and kept the 3-4lbers only because he knew that that would rile up the bunch.

And be original get your own Avatar!!!!! How about a picture of your legal iced bass!!!! Or a drawing of it.