Crotch Lake derby

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Crotch Lake derby

Post by Badger Shark »

Well tomorrow we head out to take our second crack at the fall derby on Crotch lake put on by Tumblehome Lodge. Just wondering who else will be attending? If anyone decides to attend, stop by and say hello, we will be in the Alumacrft with 75 hp optimax and the real identifying feature will be the new and improved welfare, homemade top we made, its not the prettiest thing but it gives us shelter from the wind and rain and we will stay warm with the portable heaters. All for the price of 120 bucks, maybe some day I can afford to have a real stand up top but hey I can stand up in this one and we also put in plastic side windows , it just takes a bit of time putting together. Hope it doesnt collapse! :shock: It wont, we have had it out a few times and it really does help, in fact last time we shut the motor off and trolled using the wind at about 1.8 to 2mph and was able to steer using the motor in the water, kinda weird but was nice and quiet.

I just hope the fishing this time around is a bit better than last year, a nasty cold front went through last time and it was tough.

Anyway if any of you are there stop by, it would be nice to chat.

Don
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Don - I won't be there but good luck brother.
ToadhunTer
Participant
Participant

Post by ToadhunTer »

I'll be heading up Friday afternoon.I have a DMI Voyager SST 14 footer with a 25 Merc. The fishing was quite horrible last year.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Badger,

Good luck and have F-U-N !!

Look forward to hearing all about it.

W.