navigation maps

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
onemorecast
Participant
Participant

navigation maps

Post by onemorecast »

I plan to fish the Ottawa River for the first time and I don't want to wreck my boat. I was wondering were I can get navigation maps of the Ottawa River.

Thanks for the help
radar
Participant
Participant

Post by radar »

You might try Maps of the World on Wellington. I know they have topo maps maybe give them a call. If they don't carry them they can probably point you in the right direction.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Bits and Baits has them so does Ozile's.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Onemorecast: Are you looking for paper maps or the Navionics chips for the gps units. If it is the latter, I have them at Paddletales.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Swamp-Donkey
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

maps

Post by Swamp-Donkey »

The "Chandlery" at Richmond rd. at Pinecrest Rd, has the actual Canadian navigational charts for the Ottawa river, They are by far the most detailed and the most accurate available. They are also printed in very large scale so the detail is incredible. Depending on which stretch of the river your on, you'll need to purchase the appropriate set. I have both the Ottawa to Carillon, and the Pembroke to Ottawa sets and I love'em! They're a little pricy(30-40 bucks)but they're worth every penny! They also produce map sets for every major navigable waterway, ie: Rideau Lakes, Trent Severn, St Lawrence river, Bay of Quinte, all the Great Lakes, etc. etc.

Good Luck.
mdej
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mdej »

All I suggest is if you are going the NavCan paper maps route, do yourself a favour and go to a Kinko's or printing shop and have them laminated. They role to store. They will last a life time.