Lake St. Peter Provincial Park ?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Lake St. Peter Provincial Park ?

Post by Dartee »

Well the annual process of looking for a place to camp for the summer has started. We figured we would go to a park we have not been to yet.

Has anyone camped @ Lake St. Peter?
What is the fishing like?
We are looking at either the 2nd week in July or last week in August.

Any info would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
mitch
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Lake St. Peter

Post by mitch »

I personally have not been. However a co-worker and my fishing partner each have highly recommended the camping and the fishing for sm bass.
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

we drove there through there a while back, i wasn't impressed too much, we were out looking to try new parks and ended up setting on Voyageur instead
-Smitty-
Participant
Participant

Post by -Smitty- »

it depends on what you're looking for...this is how i found Lake St. Peter:

pros - great sandy beach
- easily accessible water
- decent smallmouth fishing
- close to algonquin for day trips

cons - close quarters camping
- small lake, lots of traffic

hope this helps...take a look at the ontario parks website...if you're looking for more variety, backcountry camping or more privacy, it's probably not your park. On of my favourites was Champlain provincial park, east of north bay. it's a little farther drive but a nice lake, decent fishing and a little more private...

Smitty
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Thanks for the info so far

keep it coming

Part of the reason for the look at this park is the smaller size, we are usually in the likes of Bon Echo, & (Charleston, Murphy's..too close to home for a week camp)

I'd like boat in sites but the wife likes to have her showers a little more accessible

Smitty..I looked at Champlain but with the boat restrictions, I'd be limited to the Mattawa, my boat has a 40

Matcolecat : what was Voyageur like, my 1st thought was that it would be very busy.
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

My wife and I thought the same thing, But its so big that people around aren't really visible depending on the sites. We were there in late august last year and had a site right on a pond, i was itching to drop a line in there but it rained and the kids got cranky so we left. but the majority of th sites there are private. The fishing is good to. Give me some time and I'll finbd the site number for you