Anyone ordered from Throne Bros/fishing pro store?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Anyone ordered from Throne Bros/fishing pro store?

Post by OBD »

Hey there

Anyone ever ordered something off the interet from Thorne bros or fishing pro store? Are they trustable and fast?

Thanks,

Nodie

PS: website: http://www.thornebros.com/winter/index_winter.html
http://www.fishingprostore.com/cart.php
Last edited by OBD on Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chill
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by chill »

I have and the one complaint I have is that they ship via UPS and they can really give you the gears when it come to brokerage fees. What seems like a great deal gets expensive quickly. I would inquire with them if they will ship USPS instead. Otherwise, they've got some great stuff. Have you looked at Cabelas? They'll tell you your cost to your door, therefore no hidden fees.

C.
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

I just called them and they said they would send via postmail :? And cabela's do not carry the Marcum unit i am looking for :(
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Give Ed from Paddletales a PM..He should be able to fix you up :wink:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

what ever you do.dont order via.....UPS

it cost me 45$ just for brokerage fee.........plus shiping..for hats.... :roll: :x .

joco
Northerner
Participant
Participant

Post by Northerner »

I orderd a Marcum lx5 from them, no problem. Good price. Make sure they send it USPS. I refuse to use UPS at all fror cros border purchases. I got charged the GST, that is it
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

I would say the same about FedEx. I received an invoice from them in mid-January for stuff that was delivered to me in early November. They want $70 brokerage fees (on about $200 worth of stuff). And when I looked at their calculations of duties, half the stuff on there was put in the wrong categories - therefore the wrong duties were charged. I haven't heard back from them about the refund I want.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

It is happening with most every shipping company now, I am sure it will start soon with USPS as it is a big money maker for all the companies involved.

You can thank Canadian e-bay shoppers for this latest way for shipping companies making money off the general public.

Companies that have broker firms only pay a few dollars per shipment and all the custom information and paper work is in order when it has to clear Customs. So as you can see it is the general public that is getting hit on this one...when all the packages started to flow across - thanks to e-bay, the shipping companies quickly seen a money maker.

-sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Great company I have delt with them a lot in the past and you do not have to worry about them at all.

Actually I just joined their pro staff and if you can wait I'm going to have some discount coupons for friends and clients soon.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin