Tip-up and Jig Heads Ice Fishing Adventures 2006/2007

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Tip-up and Jig Heads Ice Fishing Adventures 2006/2007

Post by Tip-up »

PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED ON THE ICE UNTIL THIS WARM WEATHER PASSES THROUGH THIS WEEK...BY TOMORROW NIGHT, THERE WILL BE NO SAFE ICE ANYWHERE :cry: UNFORTUNATLY WE ARE GOING TO JUST HAVE TO WAIT IT OUT GUYS :wink: AGAIN, THE ICE WILL NOT BE SAFE AS OF TONIGHT..BE SMART, BE SAFE...

-Andrew

I could not wait to get this thread started :)

No better feeling than punching that first hole..

Did a little ice check on a few spots in and around Quebec this morning to find nothing but ''Bad'' ice everywhere :shock: ..Most shorelines were crap and made it impossible to take a step on...Eventually, I found a nice little spot just south of Aylmer that looked as though it could support skinny me and a few items :)I took the plunge and put my first foot on the ice :shock: :? Ok...now the second...right on..Im on :D I drilled my first hole about 8 feet out from shore to find 4'' of clear black ice.. :roll: Move about another 5 feet and found 3''.... :shock: .. ''Don't walk another step'' I told myself and proceeded back to the car to grab a rod rigged with 2lbs fluro, and a Genz bug with Techni-glo tail...My plans were not to drop a line in the water today, but I could not resist :) ..Not expecting anything to show up on the vex, this little guy came up off othe bottom and took a little nip at my jig..bad idea :D Wahooo, first fish through the ice this year! A little perch 8)...Stayed for only about 10 minutes then had to go home..Sorry for the really bad shots I took today, this spot is secret, also I was rushing and my hands were numb :o ..Enjoy

Not bad for an ice check :)
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hey tip up.........

you did get some ice action.this is great........ :P

good thing you are a,,,,,,,,,,,,skinny you,like you said,,,,, :roll: :lol: :lol: .

if it would have been me,,,,,,,,,mabe i would have done some snorkling,,,,,,,, :shock: :lol: .

at least you did get your ice action.

i still not got mine,,,,,,,,,,,,but i will have all winter and 4 weeks off winter vacation,,,,,,,,,to hit the ice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :P :D .

could not go yesteday :x and today i had a stove to go get ,a SENS GAME to go,,,so a no go again,for me jee i mis the first ice,,,,but actualy wit the ''NOT SKINNY'' weight i got, :shock: :lol: not sher i would have try,but jee i would do everything to go on it in the past 2 days,,,,,,, :twisted:

see you soon

joco
Last edited by joco on Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

Awesome man, I'm jealous! Come on old man winter, get off your rocking chair! :lol:
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

Not much, But its a fish! Nice job!
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Please Hawkers, don't get the impression that the ice is safe...It is different EVERYWHERE :wink: I had a rope around my waist bia a tree...My ice picks were handy and were ready to be drawed if ever something was to happen...
Last edited by Tip-up on Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Must feel to good to finally fish thru a hole in the ice???????
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

You bet :)