Gananoque Lake (with pics)(Brians Pics added)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Gananoque Lake (with pics)(Brians Pics added)

Post by bottom feeder »

Plowjock, Bassakwards and I met at Brians at 6 am and headed to Gan. Lake to see Big Joe and Company.
After meeting Joe. ganman, Steve G. and Joes brother, Mike, we were on the lake. Joe and Bro were teamed with Steve G. Brian and Dan in Brians boat, and I was in Ganmans boat.
IN our boat Steve was first with a real slab
soon after I had one as well.

In this same area we started to pick up a few hammer handles.
Steve was using a small buck tail Jig and I was using a Mepps 4 aglia.
Saw this bad boy swim by and saw many over the day.
Saw geese, and a Turkey Vulture landed right in front of us as we were fishing by an island
This was all before lunch
After lunch and a cigar(Thanks again Joe) and a couple of pops we went back out.
Action was slower but managed a few pike and another crappie in the boat, and I have to say most fish in the boat were caught by Steve. :?
This little guy had an ugly little sore on his side.Aw c'mon I'm talking about the fish :wink:
All the other fish were spot free and a nice healthy color.
Thanks to Joe and gang for the hospitality, and to brian for the wheels. Of course thanks again Steve for the lesson :lol:
Once again a great time had by Hawktalkers

Norm
Shiek Harrington
Last edited by bottom feeder on Tue May 30, 2006 5:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

Great report Norm.

Sadly, I have no pictures to add, as Mike and Joe were taking all the pics, so we will have to wait for their report.

Joe's brothers name is Mike, and just about died waiting for us to finish lunch and get back out on the water. We talk too much... :shock:

Both Mike and Joe had a ton of patience fishing with live bait and they were having good success with it also.

A few Pike caught and Joe will now and forever be known as the PERCH KING. :lol: :lol:

I had a great day, running on 2hrs of sleep... (Could not leave the house Sat night until the Oilers clinched, then drove up to Gan)

Great meeting you, Norm, Plowjock, Dan, and Steve (Ganman).

Until next time fellas, GO LEAFS!!! :twisted:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Ugh -- so, so sorry I missed this get together. :( I had really wanted to stop in for a while. We were on Charleston, but had to shave our visit a little short and left for home on Sunday because both the little fellas came down with something.

Would have really loved to meet up with you guys; it looks like it was a great day and lots of fun. Even the weather cooperated!

As we drove past Marble Rock Rd. heading back to NY, I couldn't help but think of you all having fun. Boo-hoo for me!

Thx for the post & great pictures, Norm.

I'll have lots to share from Charleston. Just no time to do so now; still unpacking and getting settled. Let's just say, as a preview, that the kids kicked butt over the adults as usual. :lol:

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Great pix Norm, was my pleasure to have all you Canucks over to Gan Lake, it was the best time I've had on the lake. Will get my pix on as soon as I get my butt in gear!

Good to see you got some fish, looks like you had a pro at the helm in Steve a.k.a. Ganman, what a great guy, thanks for bringin out the cold 1's and that sausage was primo Steve!

Steve G. had the task of fishin with my bro Mike and me for the day, thanks Steve for takin us out on your boat and puttin up wit all da jokes! We got some fish in da boat but all I could do was perch thus the new handle! :lol:

It was really great of all of you to make the trip out, Brian, Dan, Norm, Steve and Steve G., I'm blessed to have met you all and it was a real blast. Good to see Steve G. again, hope you got like a days worth of sleep this weekend somewhere!

Well got to get goin, will post pix soon, thanks again, Joe.
Fishquest
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishquest »

Great report and pics. Looks like a great time on the water. Thanks
FromTheNorth
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FromTheNorth »

When you open this topic and scroll up to see the original post, it looks like the pike ate the snake.

Snake.... Closer view of the snake.... big pike splash!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great post, makes me jealous. I couldn't find one crappie all spring.

FromTheNorth