Mono memory eliminator.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Mono memory eliminator.

Post by Wallyboss »

Can't remember what show I watched on the weekend but the guy was saying that if your line starts twisting or coiling a lot all you have to do is to spray it with a silicone spray and it will erase the memory. Not as simple as control-alt-delete, but supposedly it works really well.

anybody ever tried this?????? I'd like to know if it works.
Dan aka WB
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
GamblerSteve
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Line Spray

Post by GamblerSteve »

Dan,

Alot of guys use "Reel Magic" Ed has it at the store. It softens and lubricates the line and reatards line memory. It even helps prevent ice build-up on your guides when ice fishing.

Steve
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Mono memory eliminator.

Post by Bear »

Wallyboss wrote:Can't remember what show I watched on the weekend but the guy was saying that if your line starts twisting or coiling a lot all you have to do is to spray it with a silicone spray and it will erase the memory. Not as simple as control-alt-delete, but supposedly it works really well.

anybody ever tried this?????? I'd like to know if it works.
Dan aka WB
Saw that too Wallyboss, it was the angler and hunter show .... the guy, lots of folks know him as the "weekend fisherman" Frank Papineau

had a show on rogers a few years back

Never tried it but gonna keep it in mind :wink:
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

I always worry about stuff like that. Will it leave a scent trail or what? :shock:

Did they ever say?
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Wall-I-Guy wrote:I always worry about stuff like that. Will it leave a scent trail or what? :shock:
you would think!!

or at least an oil slick.

Never mind the mess on your rod and reel and hands and everything else you touch.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Actually the silicone spray that I had before, you could use it on kitchen equipment. And food preparation equipment, but now I just don't remember where I had bought it .

Thanks Gambler I should've asked the question when I was there on Friday. I guess i'll have to go back.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
GamblerSteve
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

smell

Post by GamblerSteve »

Wall-I-Guy wrote:I always worry about stuff like that. Will it leave a scent trail or what? :shock:

Did they ever say?
It's odorless, UV sunblock, non sticky, no buildup and environmentally safe.

Steve
Lookinforlunkers
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lookinforlunkers »

I use Reel Magic (advice from ED), I like it alot for wiping reels down and lubrication of external parts. I spray the spool aswell, I wouldnt say that it cures memory but it definantly helps especially if your reels sit for extended periods
Blaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Blaker »

I use Blakemore Reel Magic also for these purposes and works great for ice fishing as well to prevent line and guide freezing as well. :wink:
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

I use a spray of an oil based fish scent before hand and it really helps reduce memory & line twist and also increases castability.. pretty sure the scent on your line couldn't hurt either.