No Way Out To Fish

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

No Way Out To Fish

Post by Coyote »

Tried getting out to crappie bay as well as pickeral bay this morning, not a chance, tooo much water surrounding both bays,managed to get out to baitshop bay and spent the better part of the day out there, got one pike on the day but was talking to a chap out there and he said the walleye bite was good the last couple of nights out there, I hope we get some cold weather soon, be careful if you venture out.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

HI COYOTE

thats is bad news for this weekend,,,,,,, :? ,,,

and the weater dont look to be cold this weekend,,,,,, :?

so long rubber boots might be the way to do it,,,,,,,

how mutch water coyote,?..1 foot or more or les,,,,?

take care coyote,,,,,,,and hope you will make those bells ringing this weekend,,, :wink:

joco
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

Joco,

Take a look at my post a few down - "Bring Your Waders to Petrie." Was about 6-8 inches when I ventured out yesterday.
Still seemed safe in my eyes - just have to use caution, and extra high rubber boots!
Justin
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

THANKS J.H.,,,,,,,,,,,,,lets hope wit the 15 cm off snow coming,,that might meelt,,,,, :shock: ,it could become like 12 inch off some kind off slush,,,more on the water side,,,,,,,,, :x :? .....

thats no good news................i am sher at crappy the ice is find,,,no dubt,,,but is it still fun,,,,,,,,,in that mutch water......... :? :roll: .....

joco
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

Come out to Constance Bay..... lots of ice and access..... fish'ns not bad either.
trapperdirk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by trapperdirk »

Ah Joco with those big club feet of yours that most of us would call snowshoes, you regardless will be fishing,,, whether it be open water ,slush or ice . :lol:

TD
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

when i tried to go out this morning to crappie bay i only walked 2-3 steps and it was almost over the top of my boots 14inches. if someone had a couple of 2 x10s by 12 feet long or so, something just to get on the ice on the other side i think it would be okay, its just getting to the other side that is the problem, maybe make a little bridge and charge people to use it. :lol: :lol: I think the bells will be quiet tomorrow joco, let me know if you guys are going down tomorrow morning.
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bottom feeder »

I went out this afternoon 4:30 with a new member by the name of Hoghunter.I was supposed to be car hunting but the oppertunity came up and I jumped.
So HH and I first try pickeral bay but the water would have been over the wellies. We walked the shoreline a ways but the same all around.
Over at baitshop bay we walked out with no problem and fished near the first few huts.
Had some thing on the line but never knew what. It took the minnow and gone.We never had another bite and left around 7.
Thanks HH for the great time.Always a pleasure to meet people from the community.
Norm
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

HI GUYS

I gues wit all that HEAVY SNOW we are geting right now,,,,,,wont help to mutch,,,,,its just gone to put more weight onto the ice,,,,,and more water will go up onto the ice on the shore,,,,,, :? :x

see you on some ice somwhere guys.............and be carefull

joco
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

This weather sucks!! Pray for cold everyone!! -25c for a week!!!! :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

Damn what kinda winter is this :shock:

joco hope there is ICE up in Quebec for our outing :idea: my have to think of a plan B.
Well and truly hooked!
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

HI ICEMAN

no north outhing,,,,,,,,what is your plan B...... :x :? ....

mabe in march if there still some ice,,,,, :shock:

if it continu like that,,,,,that ice will be all gone like 2 3 weeks before lakers open and thats no good to,,,, :? but at leas the ice will be gone some years there still ice at the opening,,

joco
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Although no bitter cold temp's predicted, and still a bit above normal, we're expecting a cool down. Actually, temp dropped during the course of the day today, with rain showers changing over to snow. Don't know if you'll get the -25 Bowzog is wishing for, but I imagine it'll be cold enough up in your neck of the woods to freeze things up sufficiently again this week...?

I think the warmer-than-usual temp's are to be blamed on all the wretched viruses going around this winter; we're all sick here again, and let me tell you, it's making me miserable. :x

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Muskiemagnet wrote:Come out to Constance Bay..... lots of ice and access..... fish'ns not bad either.
I don't ice fish much, but have been to Constance Bay a few times. Great spot and good fishing the times I was there.

P.S. Pat, are you having an identity crisis? What's with the Markus Avatar?
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)