Colpoys Dec 2, 3 and 4

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Colpoys Dec 2, 3 and 4

Post by fishforfun »

After driving 4 hrs Fri aft Greymist and I made it to Hepworth. Weather was snowing and blowing Sat snowing and blowing Sun snowing and blowing waited for the plough this morning and headed home behind it :cry: Oh well at least we got our ice fishing trip planned :wink: Sorry guys the only info I can give is the bite was good in Oct., dropped off in Nov. but they are looking for it to pick up in Jan. tribs and the bays.
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Number 6

Post by Legend »

:) I was up that way with Jackie on Saturday FFF. We made it to Springmount just west of Owen Sound. Lots of cars in the ditch and unbelievable amounts of snow. And not a soul had their lines in the water.
I think this storm caught them all dozing.

Strangely enough, south of Port Elgin there was hardly anything besides a stiff west wind.

I was up past Meaford last week and saw guys fishing from the beach nowhere near a trib. Any thoughts as to what they might be trying for?

:) Legend
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Whities posiblly?
SkeinMachine
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SkeinMachine »

Which beach was it Legend??

Leith,or Ainsley Wood??

Probably bows..........
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Beach

Post by Legend »

:) Skeiner, I think the beach was Leigh (Cragleigh?) It was quite rocky and the guys were wisely sitting in their trucks with their rods set up on a tripod.

They were on or just off bottom from the looks of things... I was thinking Bows but Mark could be right too, although I don't think it's cool enough for shallow water Whities just yet.

Any way you look at it, they were out there... and somewhat warm. :wink:

:) Legend

ps. Speaking of Whitey's, are we going to do a Simcoe day this year?
mitch
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Craigleith

Post by mitch »

Definitely 'bows for sure. That stretch of shoreline will at times host 30 rods.