back from BOQ! (part 1)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

back from BOQ! (part 1)

Post by squig69 »

part 2 will come when the other guys return on sunday

up at 2:30am to meet FFF for 3:30, grab a coffee and were off to meet the "big man" (for those that dont know, that would be Hoss :) ). were in Oshawa a little early and head down Hoss's street, cant find the house. pulled over and asked FFF for the street #, "i dont know", he says, "do you know"
.....uuhhhh, nope. whats his phone # we can call him?

i dont know.....

and back up and down the street a few more times and finally
finally see Hoss in the driveway getting the boat ready, a short hello, pack the boat and were off. :)

stopped for a few coffees for the road and we're off to quinte. well i think everyone knows the reputation that hortons coffee has and was hoping for a little break before we hit Picton. do you think these guys would stop, nope. pull into Picton and it was a mad dash to the little boys room :oops: . man these guys can hold it

ok were on the water and Hoss was itching to try a 6 rod spread, out go 6 lines and think we managed pretty good all day with no serious tangles. things were slow for a bit then the first board takes off. Fish-on and FFF steps up to the plate. heres a pic of the fight

FFF get it boat side and the fish spits the hook, this one would have been the biggest of the day by far, i dont think even Hoss would have got his mitts around this one. :oops: boy did we give it to FFF for the next few hours for losing it, and you know what, he took it like a man. its ironic how stuff like this can come back and bite you in the arse :wink:

we turned around for another pass and nothing, pulled the lines and motored back to troll with the wind at our backs. board takes off and "Fish-On", Hoss's turn.

"no, the suit doesnt make your but look big" :P
Hoss plays her like a champ and boats this 11.5lbs beauty

a quick second pic

i look at the pic on the camera and notice the expression on his face on this one and ask him, "Hoss, what are you doing"? his reply, "im blowing on the fish"...... i had to ask," why?"
"to make his fin stand up" :shock: :shock: :shock:
"but what if its a female" :P no reply

back in the drink he/she goes and almost right away another board takes off and its my turn to see if i can Finally get my first double digit eye. get it to the boat and land a nice 25" 6.5lbs eye.

right know we are 2 for 3 and the razzing starts again on FFF for missing the first one. i think our mission then was to make sure that everyone brings in a fish and sure enough "Fish-ON". FFF's turn and were teasing him that its a Sheepie. we were thinking that what ever this was it had some shoulders on it. unclip the board and still 220' yet to come in :lol: for the last 50 or so feet this fish didnt want to budge, still having no idea what it was, even with 15ft on the counter to go we still havent had a glimpse of this thing as it was staying down. ive never seen a rod bend like that trying to raise a fish. finally it shows itself, the only thing i could say was "oh my god look at the size of it." here she is coming to the net

just under 30" but tipping the scales at 13.5lbs

another pic, "no Martin, the cameras over here"

look at the gut on that thing. that was the biggest eye ive ever seen. that was it for the day. another couple passes and nothing so we packed it in and called it a day. had a great time with you guys and looking forward to fishing with ya's again. thanks again and hope sunday is just as good if not better than today.

chris
Astro-Mike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Astro-Mike »

great report.... Nice fish-s- guys...
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Great report squig...nice to see some action down there, sure makes for more fun when they're cooperating.

I have to ask, why were you razzing fff on the first one :?:

According to your own report it would seem he did his job and got it boatside.. Where were the netters :?: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

by boatside i meant on the surface about 4-5 feet from the reach of the net. razzing might have not been the right word to use. it was about an hour or so till the next fish and we were wondering if the first fish was going to be the last fish of the day is all. nothing too serious. we had a great time on the water. :) left them the secret lure as niether of them had one :wink:

chris
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

nice going gentlemen.
by the look of FFF face I think he pulled something lifting the heavy fish.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Great report squig.........Waves looked a little high, how was the weather?? Looking forward to reading part 2!

Tip-up
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

wasnt too cold and the waves were 2ft, so, great fishing weather. lots of boats over by the lighthouse later in the day. didnt see another boat for a while after we launched.

chris
muskymuskymusky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

great report

Post by muskymuskymusky »

GREAT report guys. What a fat fish :shock: Good job. :D
muskymuskymusky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Hoss

Post by muskymuskymusky »

Hoss dont you hate the way big fish look small in your pics :wink: lol One disadvantage of being enormous i guess :P
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Great fish guys......FFF's is a hawg.....

I hope to get back down there next Sunday!

RJ
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Fantastic report...
I hope they keep biting Snag and I are heading to Fish there Thursday.
I'd like to have a report like that!

Great job guys!
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Great report guys,

Hoss ,that 11 looks like a 6.00 in your hands :D :D FFF thats a beauty I got a 13.5 a year ago and they are truly pigs.Congrats. :D :D

Ron
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

Wall-I-Guy wrote:Great report squig...nice to see some action down there, sure makes for more fun when they're cooperating.

I have to ask, why were you razzing fff on the first one :?:

According to your own report it would seem he did his job and got it boatside.. Where were the netters :?: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are you kiddin', ....any time Hoss can divert attention from himself, ....he'll milk it for all its worth..... :lol: :lol:

Well done boys,:D, .....Lookin forward to hearing the final analysis, ....from the big boy, ....let's hear it Martin.... :shock: :lol: :wink:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Good fishing fella's. :P

If you don't mind me asking, what did the fish come on? PM me if ya perfer.

Hoping to get back up ther Tuesday, but the winds are currently looking bad. :?
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Canadian Bacon wrote:Fantastic report...
I hope they keep biting Snag and I are heading to Fish there Thursday.
I'd like to have a report like that!

Great job guys!
Bacon,
If the long-range VHF marine forecast I heard today at Quinte is correct you better take something to break the ice at the launch :wink:

Good-luck...

-Sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye