Blind River - Pink Salmon - Sept 22nd

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Blind River - Pink Salmon - Sept 22nd

Post by Markus »

I've been waiting a long time to experience and enjoy this trip. Salmon has been sharing his Pink Salmon experiences, pictures and tips with me for 2 years and I've been chomping at the bit to accompany him and share in the fun. Today I finally got the chance!

I left my place at 11pm Thusday night and picked Salmon up at his place at Midnight. We had a 725km drive ahead us and we planned to be there at sunrise for our first cast into the Mississauga River.

We arrived right on schedule and proceeded to cast our spoons into one of the most beautiful rock structure rivers I've ever had the pleasure of fishing. A fresh run of Pinks were making their way in and since or position was fairly close to the lake, we got first shot at these spunky fighters as they began their long journy up river.

Salmon gave me some quick instruction which proved to be successful in the past and with a quick demonstation, he quickly had our 1st Pink of the day peeling line out of his spinning reel. Salmon had a great day and landed 41 Pink Salmon.

I was in heaven all day. I giggled and smiled with ever hit and hook set. What a blast! I think I lost more than I landed, but my goal was to fish till 1pm or land 50 Pinks. Well, 1pm came before 50 and I ended my morning with 48.

Pink Salmon truly are a beautiful fish. Their spawning colors get blotchier the longer they are in the river and I just love the big hump the males get! Here's a look at a male and a female after Salmon and I landed one of our many double headers.

The rain came and went all morning. Simon and I got plenty of excerises taking our raincoats on, off, on, off, on, off all day. Here's a few more shots showing off the males hump as well as a few of thier colors...

A big thanks from me to Salmon for sharing this experience with me. This trip will be remembered as one of my very favorite fishing adventures. I honestly believe all serious anglers should take the time at some point and enjoy fishing the Pink Salmon Run.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Some beautiful photos there Markus! That second one of Salmon would take any Angling Idol Round I'm sure...

bucket
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Simply amazing!!

I think ill be planning a trip with Salmon and you next year!!!

Love reports like this!

Well done lads!
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

bewaiting for this post
excellent fishing men
:mrgreen:
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

:D :D :D

Boy, ....that's a long haul, ...or a haul and a half, ...as they say in the busniess.... :roll: :lol:

Definitely worth it though, ....by lookin at the photos... :wink:

Congrats on a successful, ...albeit long adventure..... :D

Well done.... :wink:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Big-O will be licking his chops... :lol:

Great shots fellas..and awesome fishin'!

RJ
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Fantastic!! Those fish look awesome! What a trip and and a great report!! :D :D :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

wow nice outing,lots of fish!

makes the trip all worth while!

zort
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Great report Mark :D

Like you Mark ,after reading Simons report from last year I thought this would be a great road trip for a few of us...then I forgot all about it,, till I read Salmons report from this years trip, it certanily got the juices running, now with this lastest report .....how can you go wrong 89 fish landed from first light to 1 PM And your right RJ, these Pink Salmon have got me excited ...think about it, a chance to catch a fish I've never seen before I'm pumped :D :D ....this will be a long day at work :? I'm going to do this trip solo :evil: I'll be leaving tonight or after work or around midnight,Mark/Samon can you send a pm where to go...and a motel in the area :D I'm looking forward to this trip :D :D :D :D congrats on a great trip Simon and Mark
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

SWEET!!!

I'd love to go, but I don't know how I'm gonna get my fiberglass boat up those rapids. :lol:

M.T. Livewell
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

Wow..sounds like on heck of a trip!
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Here's a couple more shots...

It wasn't quite daylight when we got started so the pics are a bit dark.

Here's a couple more pics of male pinks....

I'm gonna plan a weekend trip for next year.
Last edited by Markus on Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

Wow great report! Congrats on the great trip.

Gordo
Gord

NPAA#553
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Great post, Markus. Those are some gorgeous fish, humpbacks & all.

Must have been a blast.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D It was a fun trip..24 hr round trip as it was..I actually was home by 8pm so only 20 hrs. :lol: I drove back most of the way so Markus could rest up and be awake for that extra hour to his place. I usually go for 3 days and mix in some walleye,bass and pike fishing between the pinks. Big-O there is a motel right across the road from where we are fishing. it might be a 300 meter walk to the rapids. Thanks for the company Markus..do it for a few days next year. Oh and MT no boat required..spoon casting from shore. :wink: