My thoughts on my new Calcutta TE 200 GT baitcaster.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Chunko
Participant
Participant

Post by Chunko »

nothing says quality like a crestfire :D

I wonder if the comparison is like going from a Hyundai Pony to a Minivan, hell of a jump in quality and performance and well worth the extra money.
No doubt that the reel is probably great and I think Ill run out and buy a couple based on your unbiased info.
P.S. Does anyone want to buy my Hyundai Pony? :D

Jay
Fighting15
Participant
Participant

Post by Fighting15 »

I'll take the car,
Luke 5:5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Luke 5:5 »

you know you have too much money when........................
Mike B.
Participant
Participant

Post by Mike B. »

Not quite sure why some of the responses are so sarcastic.
I'm mearly giving an honest product review. Like I said in the initial post,I've only used cheaper gear up till now and I've had my share of issues with all of it.

My fishing rods and reels are tools, and quality tools last longer and do the job right....consistantly.That's all I was getting at.
GreenBastard
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GreenBastard »

I think it was the pushing of the 500 dollars for a reel... could be wrong
Mike B.
Participant
Participant

Post by Mike B. »

No different than spending money on a quality car...or BOAT.
I'm not pushing anyone to drop $500 on a reel. I happened to decide that it was something I'd like to have and I wrote an honest review of it.
I've caught fish on the cheapest gear,some of it rediculously crappy,but it simply isn't as enjoyable as using quality gear to me.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Mike, don't take it to heart, the boys are just having some fun.

I can undertand why some would be perplexed at dropping a half grand on a fishing reel.

Me for example, I can't tell the difference between a $500 stereo system, and $1500 stereo system.
But I bet I could hear the difference of a $5000 stereo system.

Equate your $500 reel to a $5000 stereo system. Chances are, most folks are not in a position to even shop at that kind of store. And most are just as happy with $500 - $1500 stereos.
But for those who have truly experienced the high end (unfortunately I am not one of them) I'm sure it is worth every penny spent.

If you have any more reviews to share, please do. It was well expressed and valuable to everyone who read it.

thanks
M.T. Livewell
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

It simply boils down to buying what you can afford. Just because you can't afford something doesn't make it crap... is it over priced.. sure but what isn't these days.
GreenBastard
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GreenBastard »

Don't get me wrong, it was a great review, and a fantastic write, but comparatively speaking to cars, if you want the finest, you have to buy a rolls royce. Now, if i had a rolls royce i wouldn't use it for an every day driver, but some would.

I guess I will stick to the hyundais of reels, the still get me there, at the speed limit, and i still have 500 for gas.
Mike B.
Participant
Participant

Post by Mike B. »

Kudos all and thanks for letting me know the review was helpful. That was my intention. 8)
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

re

Post by BBRich »

Pay no mind to Greenbastard. He's just upset that even a $500 reel still wouldn't help him catch fish. :wink: :lol:

It was a great review and that is certainly a great reel. My dad has one of the older models, it's about 10 years old and still works like new. Cost him $400 US back then. He'll tell you any day of the week it's still his favourite reel.. and the only one that I'm not allowed to touch! :lol: