HOWS THA WEEEEED?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
uplifta
Participant
Participant

HOWS THA WEEEEED?

Post by uplifta »

i knew this would get everyones attention...hehehe

Weed @ Emily Provincial Park!

Anyways, im headin up there this weekend...has anyone been there within the last 1month or so?...hows the weed growth?, cause i know infront the park it gets quite chocked up..i will be fishing from an inflatable w/a 30pound thrust trolling motor, not planning on venturing out too far from infront the park on the river...all info greatly appreaciated...

thanx.......
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

I was at Balsam Lake two weeks ago and the weed was almost non-existent. The warm weather the past few days should get things going though!
uplifta
Participant
Participant

Post by uplifta »

bassmasta..did u fish infront emily pp?....if not where if u dont mind me askin.....

thanx!!1
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

How's that weed? Just ask the master ...

M.T. Livewell
uplifta
Participant
Participant

Post by uplifta »

What would be the best directions, i have to pickup a friend from markham(warden/denison), not sure on which route would be faster:

1. highway 7 - north on 57 - east 20 - north 35 - east 7a
north 38 - east 7 & north on 10

or

2. go down to the from warden/denison - 401 east-
115 north - north - 10

not too sure about the 1st route re traffic or speed limit...basically, im looking for the shortest route, also taking into consideration rush hour traffic

so all you, pigeon lake fishermen/women please let me know
which one is better?

thanx!
uplifta
Participant
Participant

Post by uplifta »

the weedend.....hehehe..i mean weekend was extremly nice w/ the weather, fishing on the other hand was ok, i fished of the parks docks, caught a few good size panfish & accidently some oos largemouth bass, which i released without taking them out of the water....there were a few other people fishing there too...when they saw i had a fish, they came running to see...i had to explain to them, we're not allowed to catch/take them out of the water til the season opens, this guy that asks me if he can have the fish, after i just explained to him.....he walked away after i refused......anyhow...was a nice trip, lost my digi cam in my truck so no pics ;(

lots of weed growth + i noticed alot of dead carp & catfish floating everywhere...anyone know what could have caused this???????