Clam Ice shelters excellent customer service

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
Papaclaude
Participant
Participant

Clam Ice shelters excellent customer service

Post by Papaclaude »

3 winters ago, I bought a Clam pop-up ice shelter. This year, one of the knuckles on one of the hubs broke. I tried to find a replacement part here in Canada, but couldn't. I went to their Web site, and all I could find was a complete hub with poles. I figured shipping would be an arm and a testicle, so I decided to just buy another tent next year and keep the parts off this one. This morning, just for gits and shiggles, I gave them a call to see how much shipping would be. the young lady I spoke to was extremely helpful and told me that she would send me a "handful" of those little knuckles that same day.
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Clam Ice shelters excellent customer service

Post by MichaelGA »

Nice to hear! Too often you hear the opposite.
campnfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by campnfish »

good to hear!

That's how companies need to be treating their customers. Sadly, it is the exception, not the norm.

I have found that calling the company directly often gets better results. Lost the top of a depth sounder case (really old) because I didn't secure it and went WOT - it went to the bottom very quickly. Called the company and they were more than happy to send me a new one, minimal shipping cost and a reasonable price for the replacement.
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

I had the same experience with Clam. Very helpful and quick to respond to enquiries.