Fishing Jerseys

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Fishing Jerseys

Post by FishingFreak13 »

I'm trying to get some more info on how people go about getting fishing Jerseys. I know that people with sponsors probably have a little easier access to them than just a regular angler but I would like to show support for the companies that I love using. Can you just get one made or are their copyright issues any info would be great.

Brian
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Fishing Jerseys

Post by TheMaverick »

Brian,

Most of the jersey companies already have the logos on file, once the demand is done by a particular (with approval) the logos go in the bank.
This is one company I particularly like, you can customize your own jersey and submit your render. Prices are reasonable. (he's local)

http://woodoocustoms.deco-apparel.com

Enjoy!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
pasquini
Participant
Participant

Post by pasquini »

FishingFreak13 wrote:I'm trying to get some more info on how people go about getting fishing Jerseys. I know that people with sponsors probably have a little easier access to them than just a regular angler but I would like to show support for the companies that I love using. Can you just get one made or are their copyright issues any info would be great.

Brian

Brian,

I have just gone through this process myself on behlaf of our fishing club. I know lots of people will discount the importance of getting permission to use the various logos but there certainly are copyright issues. These companies have spent a fortune building their brands and will not put them at risk through incorrect useage. Granted, in a one off situation the risk to you is pretty small but every supplier is going to ask if you have permission to use the logos. Having said that, all I did was contact the companies we wanted to use (using their "Contact Us" info on their website) and explained what we wanted to do and everyone replied in the affirmative. I think it helped when we confirmed that this was for personal use and we made no claim on the logo.

As to a supplier, I have ordered 1 jersey from the company listed above. The design-order process was pretty easy and I liked seeing what the jersey should look like. Once I have jersey in hand I will comment further. Woodoo Custom Apparels is by far the least expensive especailly for a semi-custom jersey and they are fully competitive as far as full custom jersey go.

Peter
2010 Princecraft 182 Sport
Mercury 115hp 4-S
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

The wife had one done for me over the winter. It was quite the process to get the approvals but the companies usually won't create the jerseys without them. I think it took about 6 months for her to get all of the approvals she wanted.

The only companies that were issues that I can remember were megabass who pretty much says no to everyone except their prostaff and Shimano who will only issue you permission to use their logo on one shirt and they must approve the artwork before the will allow you to print. This isn't necessarily a pain, it just means you have to go back to them every time you create a new jersey.

The wife used a different supplier and although the work they did was great on a semi custom jersey, I will probably go with woodoo for the next one. Shipping and delivery was nit nearly as accurate as it should have been. They said. 4-6 weeks and it ended up being 10.
Last edited by lape0019 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

lape0019 wrote:The wife had one done for me over the winter. It was quite the process to get the approvals but the companies usually won't create the jerseys without them. I think it took about 6 months for her to get all of the approvals she wanted.

The only companies that were issues that I can remember were megabass who pretty much says no to everyone except their prostatic and Shimano who will only issue you permission to use their logo on one shirt and they must approve the artwork before the will allow you to print. This isn't necessarily a pain, it just means you have to go back to them every time you create a new jersey.

The wife used a different supplier and although the work they did was great on a semi custom jersey, I will probably go with woodoo for the next one. Shipping and delivery was not nearly as accurate as it should have been. They said. 4-6 weeks and it ended up being 10.
Adam did you use http://www.i2icustom.com/? They are more local (Ontario) than WOODOO (Montreal).
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

No,

It was a company in the states. I rather not post the name because the jersey is great, it just took forever. I sent you a pm.

Adam.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

If anyone has any questions about Jerseys from Woodoo Customs just let me know as I am part owner and Creative Director of the company. I live in Ottawa area so that is pretty local and if anyone would like to see jerseys samples in person just let me know. :wink:
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
pasquini
Participant
Participant

Post by pasquini »

eye-tracker wrote:If anyone has any questions about Jerseys from Woodoo Customs just let me know as I am part owner and Creative Director of the company. I live in Ottawa area so that is pretty local and if anyone would like to see jerseys samples in person just let me know. :wink:
PM sent.
2010 Princecraft 182 Sport
Mercury 115hp 4-S
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

CN wrote: Adam did you use http://www.i2icustom.com/? They are more local (Ontario) than WOODOO (Montreal).
Mississauga more local to Ottawa than Montreal?

:wink:

Its ok Norm, many would argue that The Ottawa River is an Ontario river and that anything in Quebec is in a foreign land!

Craig
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

cprince wrote:
CN wrote: Adam did you use http://www.i2icustom.com/? They are more local (Ontario) than WOODOO (Montreal).
Mississauga more local to Ottawa than Montreal?

:wink:

Its ok Norm, many would argue that The Ottawa River is an Ontario river and that anything in Quebec is in a foreign land!

Craig

Craig .....you live in a foreign land.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

CN wrote:Craig .....you live in a foreign land.
I call it... Quee-raq? Quebec-e-stan? Quebec-i-opia? Ya... Quebeciopia!! I am a damn pirate! I shall dress in penny loafers with no socks, a sports blazer and carry an AK47! Like a guidance councilor coming down off a blow binge loosing his mind after going to a 1 Direction concert!

Quebeciopian Craig.... LALALALALALLAlalalala!!!!
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

cprince wrote:
CN wrote:Craig .....you live in a foreign land.
I call it... Quee-raq? Quebec-e-stan? Quebec-i-opia? Ya... Quebeciopia!! I am a damn pirate! I shall dress in penny loafers with no socks, a sports blazer and carry an AK47! Like a guidance councilor coming down off a blow binge loosing his mind after going to a 1 Direction concert!

Quebeciopian Craig.... LALALALALALLAlalalala!!!!

I rest my case
Ms Bassin
Participant
Participant

Post by Ms Bassin »

WooDoo by far is a great for service and design input. They helped out extensively with our chairity event jerseys and I couldn't be more pleased. Look out for our fifth year anniversary ones next summer. Remember support local.
Cheers,
Matt
OutdoorActionOntario
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Ottawa Region, Georgian Bay region, Kawartha Lakes Region

Post by OutdoorActionOntario »

We ordered jerseys through my Fishing club (Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters) and they have just come in, so I should be getting mine soon.

When I receive it I will take a picture and slap it on here so you can see what you think. I also don't have the specifics on the company we ordered from but will include it. THe company was based out of Manitoba, IIRC.

Cheers

~OAO~
OutdoorActionOntario - Ottawa ON
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Woodoo for sure is my choice. Dealing with Sheldon and the gang is great and easy and the price is decent for the great quality they provide. I had two made a few years ago and they are still holding on strong. Love them.

WOODOO is my choice.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL