Chatter baits and swim jigs

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Chatter baits and swim jigs

Post by FishingFreak13 »

I have seen a lot of videos online about chatter baits and swim jigs. From what I understand about chatter baits is they are a spinner bait but instead of 2 blades fanned out on a wire they have 1 blade almost on the main part of the bait. Swim baits as I am understanding they are a version of flipping jig but instead of jigging them you fish them like a spinner bait. Just wanted to opinions on here about them and wondered if anyone has any experience using them.
drake691
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Chatter baits and swim jigs

Post by drake691 »

I have had a lot success with both baits. I can't flip and pitch to save my life but I'm pretty good with a swimjig. You can almost fish both baits in the same places that you wouldn't throw a spinnerbait. Rip Rap, Grass etc those baits excel in those situations. I rig them with either a rage craw, grubs or swimming senko
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FishingFreak13 »

Most videos and info I've seen on the swim jig is that they also use a rage craw or something along those lines as a trailer. With chatter baits I've seen people use small swim baits (not hollow body ones).
drake691
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by drake691 »

hollow bodies are just not designed for those applications. You can also try a Zoom Swimming fluke
cndbasshunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cndbasshunter »

SWAMMER!