So... What are you guys looking forward to trying this year?

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
jona38
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: So... What are you guys looking forward to trying this y

Post by jona38 »

Very nice stuff!!! :D :D That Molix Supernato looks pretty interesting. Might have to try one myself. Jon
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

lape0019 wrote:Duo and Mann's wakebaits (I have never used wakebaits)
Isn't that a Jackall?? I've only heard good things about the Mann's wakebaits.

Nice stuff you have there. Should be a good year. Those Met's look SWEET!
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

Here are a couple of the combos I've been using so far.
Super impressed with the 13 Fishing Rods for their price.
Last edited by biggs on Tue May 27, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Jon,

The supernato got mixed reviews on tackletour but they just looked so awesome and I thought it would work great on to he Ridau so I got two.

Biggs,

You are correct. The "Duo" I spoke of is actually a Jackal 0 footer 56. I just got excited. The Duo stuff I bought was actually in the Shimano case.

I am looking forward to trying my Met and Chronarch ci4+. What you are seeing in the pic of my combos is:

Champion 734 w/ 6.4:1 patriarch xt spooled with 17lb mono.
Orochi XX jerkbait special w/ 6.2:1 ch150 ci4+ spooled with 30lb braid and a leader of floro. (New and can't wait to try)
Champion Extreme 743 w 8.5:1 metanium spooled with 17lb floro (new and like a kid in a candy store!!!)
Champion Extreme 745 w/7.1:1 core 100mgfv with 65lb PP
Champion 735 w/ Curado 200e7 with 65 PP (new to me rod. Hoping it works better than the savvy 735 for frogging)
Champion 702sf w / Stradic CI4 with 20lb PP (love this setup)
Shimano Compre w / Stradic CI4 with 8lb copolymer. (Shimano warranty replacement. Gotta love Shimano.)

Needless to say, some practice casts will more than likely be done this weekend at the cottage. I can't wait for opener...

Adam
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

Sweet combos.
Maybe a dedicated cranking combo next? :D
........Sorry Mrs. Lapensee! :lol: (Sorry if the last name is spelled wrong)

The Shimano boxes really are nice especially if you want everything to be as organized as possible like myself. I seem to change my mind on how I want lures organized all the time!? :?
Those blue ones also work well for walk the dog baits like the Mb Giant Dog-X (personal favorite), LC Sammies etc..... I still can't find a good use for the green one I have, will probably end up using it for smaller jerkbaits in the LC Pointer 78 or Mb Trick Darter sizes.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Lol,

The last name is spelled properly but she says apology not accepted...
A dedicated cranking combo is the only thing I am truly missing but I think I should be alright with what I have for the year. I am hoping that between the 743 (with a different reel mounted) and the 734, I should be able to get through the season cranking with them.

Your combos look pretty sweet as well.
I thought the green boxes were for top waters? I didn't see a need for the green or red boxes but those blue ones are awesome. I haven't gotten into walk the dog style baits yet other than the soft money hounds so that might not be a bad idea. I still have two spots in the jerkbait box and I still have another to fill so that might be what finds its way over there.
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

lape0019 wrote:I thought the green boxes were for top waters? I didn't see a need for the green or red boxes but those blue ones are awesome. I haven't gotten into walk the dog style baits yet other than the soft money hounds so that might not be a bad idea. I still have two spots in the jerkbait box and I still have another to fill so that might be what finds its way over there.
If the green ones are for topwater, I'm not sure what topwater lures. But the blue ones are perfect!
You really should add some walk the dog baits, they work very well plus your Jerkbait Special is probably awesome for them. I never go fishing without them. The LC Sammies are really nice and even the Heddon Spooks work really well. Not sure the Spooks will fit in the Shimano boxes.
Last edited by biggs on Tue May 27, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

Here's a fish caught with all the expensive gear!

Last edited by biggs on Tue May 27, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

I may just have to try some of those wake baits. I have come close to grabbing the Sammy's before but just haven't pulled the trigger.

I notice you also have an xpod in that box. How do you like it? I imagine it works great but I thought the moving lip would be a weak point.
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

I highly recommend the Sammies. I wish someone would carry the DUO Realis Pencil 110, I know Ed can order them but you have to order them in fours and I really have no need for four of the same colour. As far as the lip on the xpod, it seems pretty strong to me and I've had no issues.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

biggs wrote:I highly recommend the Sammies. I wish someone would carry the DUO Realis Pencil 110, I know Ed can order them but you have to order them in fours and I really have no need for four of the same colour. As far as the lip on the xpod, it seems pretty strong to me and I've had no issues.
I would be interested in purchasing a couple of Duo Pencil 110's
If Ed can order by 4's and you take 1 I take 2, that would leave one in stock.
What color did you have in mind?
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

StarTzar wrote:
biggs wrote:I highly recommend the Sammies. I wish someone would carry the DUO Realis Pencil 110, I know Ed can order them but you have to order them in fours and I really have no need for four of the same colour. As far as the lip on the xpod, it seems pretty strong to me and I've had no issues.
I would be interested in purchasing a couple of Duo Pencil 110's
If Ed can order by 4's and you take 1 I take 2, that would leave one in stock.
What color did you have in mind?
I was thinking you can't go wrong with their neo pearl colour or one of their gill colours.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

biggs wrote:
I was thinking you can't go wrong with their neo pearl colour or one of their gill colours.
Those were the ones I was looking at. Difficult to get only one color.
Difficult to choose between the Mirror and Prism Gill or the Neo Pearl.
I tend to go towards the Gill colors because we have so much success with that color.
But then again, anything that flashes white with pearl is also a very very good choice.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

Well I would buy one of each (neo pearl/gill colour) and I am pretty sure you would too.

ANYONE ELSE WANT TO STEP UP???
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

I've been trying to find Passion Chart everywhere, depending on the color I would be interested!
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada