So... What are you guys looking forward to trying this year?

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
nathan.barnard
Participant
Participant

Re: So... What are you guys looking forward to trying this y

Post by nathan.barnard »

Picked up an NRX 893 at Paddletales a few weeks back and pairing it with a metanium. Can't wait to bust out this combo for bass opener.

Going to be actively throwing more jigs this season.
crwalker1987
Participant
Participant

Post by crwalker1987 »

Pflueger Patriarch 9535 paired with Fenwick Aetos 7ft medium.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

crwalker1987 wrote:Pflueger Patriarch 9535 paired with Fenwick Aetos 7ft medium.

That should be a nice combo. From what I understand, the Aetos series was designed for the Patriarch reels so I would assume it will balance nice and be a pleasure to fish. My buddy just bought one of these and is looking forward to trying it as well.
cndbasshunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cndbasshunter »

damn...forum is getting slow.

My 2014 baitcasting lineup. Still deciding on spinning..........
Last edited by cndbasshunter on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

From the IS63 and down, I am envious...

That is some crazy collection you have going there and I would be looking forward to all of it as well!

Thanks for sharing.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Putting some new elictronics on the boat. Haven't deciode on the models yet but defintely going to HB and Side imaging.

Now that HB is NMEA 2000 (N2K) compliant, I should be able to tie ion the Optimax smartcraft stuff to the HB. This was the reason I have Lowrance on the boat right now.
I will report on what I did (all bits and pieces) to use the current Red lowranceNet which is N2K. If all goes well I will be getting rig of my Lowarnce 520c units.
Farlane94
Participant
Participant

Post by Farlane94 »

Looking forward to my new arsenal of Okuma rods/reels. Also cant wait to throw some Lunkerhunt Lunkerfrogs and the new baitball jerkbaits and cranks. This will be the year of the nickel, im sure of it!
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Norm,

If I were to buy an SI DI unit right now, I think it would be at minimum an 898. I much prefer the looks over the HDS units but to me, they both seem to do the same thing so it just comes down to personal preference. Should be fun none the less ...
Farlane94 wrote:Looking forward to my new arsenal of Okuma rods/reels. Also cant wait to throw some Lunkerhunt Lunkerfrogs and the new baitball jerkbaits and cranks. This will be the year of the nickel, im sure of it!
Welcome back Farlane!

I have never used an okuma rod or reel. A review would be great when you get your initial impression as well as after a few months use. Those lunker frogs look to be lethal. Let's just hope they arch the fish and not the fisherman.
TJO
Participant
Participant

Post by TJO »

Bought a new boat so pretty excited to get it on the water. Should have it mid April.
Tom
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

TJO wrote:Bought a new boat so pretty excited to get it on the water. Should have it mid April.
There is absolutely nothing worse than the waiting of the the coming of a new boat. :(
Not before Mid April ... Wow and we are only March 23rd. Now the "short timing stage" begins. :?
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
TJO
Participant
Participant

Post by TJO »

StarTzar wrote:
TJO wrote:Bought a new boat so pretty excited to get it on the water. Should have it mid April.
There is absolutely nothing worse than the waiting of the the coming of a new boat. :(
Not before Mid April ... Wow and we are only March 23rd. Now the "short timing stage" begins. :?

Yep getting the boat fever now. Lay all my boat kit out deciding where it's going to go. ETC
Tom
drake691
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by drake691 »

I'm looking forward to not seeing any more snow :lol: . My goal this year is to become a better crankbait fisherman. There are just not a lot of places in the Kawarthas to practice.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

drake691 wrote:I'm looking forward to not seeing any more snow :lol: . My goal this year is to become a better crankbait fisherman. There are just not a lot of places in the Kawarthas to practice.
Here is a very good video that will explain the mindset needed to fishing crank-baits.
The video is by Paul Elias

BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
drake691
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by drake691 »

It would be nice to fish some lakes that aren't weed choked. It's always nice to try something new
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Maybe I missed it... but what boat are you getting?