Fishing with Bobber - March 22nd

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Great pictures.. summer can't come fast enough :D :D
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I gotta tell ya though....I'm nursing a pretty serious sunburn. My neck, arms and legs I can deal with, but I decided to travel light to FL and only wore dress shoes. So for fishing, I just figured I go bare foot. Well let me tell you...I got a serious burn on the tops of my feet. I said to Bobber, "do you think that blotchieness on my feet looks bad?" hahaha...it looked bad at the end of our day, but later that night, they blistered and became extremely painful. Sunblock! I gotta remember sunblock from now on! :lol:
sevendustfan#1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by sevendustfan#1 »

great story no you've got me really excited for Bass season to open up, by any chance are there striped bass in florida
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Yup. Florida and a lot of the southern states have good populations of stripers. I'm gonna try for some stripers in Arkansas in a few months.
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D Good report..oh the sun..the heat! Bring it back with you will ya? :lol:
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Well done fellas - ya lucky Ba$turdS!!!
In true MT style, I went with the white spinner bait. Third cast – Fish On!
Hey, Hey!!! What did I tell ya?! :lol: You gotta try one on a cannonball.

BTW, there is a reason us bass guys use 20lb power pro - for the runners!

Sorry about your burnt feet, but you got the first one of the season out of the way.

I'm soooooo jealous.

M.T. Livewell
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Bill, I'm buying a baitcaster next week and it'll be spooled with power pro. I will never fish in weeds like that again without braid.

I don't think that fish was a bass either. I couldn't do anything with it, it just went where it wanted to. If I was to give an honest guess...I think it was an alligator gar. They are quite commonin the lake.
Johnny Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Johnny Bass »

Sounds like you had a blast markus. I fished that Lake also. I went in April when the Trophy bass come out to play but couldn't hook a big one.

I used shiners, lures crickets,ect... Caught small bass ,crappies, bluegills,

Was windy so I went up the river and was hooking gar pike one after another, HUGE, they must have been spawning. They had teeth Like Aligators and bit threw my line quite a few times. Speaking of Aligators, did they make you nervous seeing them around?lol

I was wondering the whole time, what to do if I hook one. lol

Then WHile I went back on the lake, The engine wouldn't start, so I tried to pull the cord and the cord snapped. Let me tell you, it wasn't the only thing that snapped. :evil: They must have heard me screaming in Toronto.lol

The cool thing is someone came after about 15 minutes. The wind had us pinned near tall grass.

We got to ride on a swamp buggy with those big propellers that toed us to shore so even though i only fished a few hours it was a blast.

I even went to lake Ochachobee and that was a bigger disaster but thats another story.lol

In the March/April, Live bait is your ticket until the water heats up and the fish become more active.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Great report Guys!

I know how that sunburn feels.....worse than any other place.... :x

RJ
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Right on Super Florida Bass Studs Bob and Markus. Gnarley report dudes.

Markus, how many are there of you man??? :lol: You're everywhere.

Sincerely, looking at the snow and jealous of BOB and Markus,

Moooose :cry:
Rideaufish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Rideaufish »

looks like Bobber needs a lilly.
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

The pic with Rob doing the Thumbs up thing kinda has that true Redneck look :lol: :lol:
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Rider wrote:The pic with Rob doing the Thumbs up thing kinda has that true Redneck look :lol: :lol:
It's totally southern. Whatta Cowboy that guy. :lol:
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Markus, you see a pattern here???? :lol: I fall into frozen like temp waters, and you get sunburnt??????

K now we really gotta hook -up and fish bro :lol: I can see the head lines now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: A story worthy of a pulitzer for sure :lol:

On the topic though, what a great report, and drool worthy pics guys!!!!

Glad you guys made it out, and thx for givin us all a great site to look forward too!!!!!

F.F
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Markus,

Reading that report, and drooling over those pictures, felt like a mini vacation to someplace warm and loaded with lunker potential. Sure was a fun read. :D

Sorry about your sunburn. :oops: I, too, underestimated the FL sun when I visited FL for the 1st time. We're heading there for a little getaway mid-April. Don't think I'll have time to fish, but I'm conceding defeat yet!

Glad you guys had such a great experience, even if the fishing wasn't exactly hot.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.