Silver Lake Lakers

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Silver Lake Lakers

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Ok well, since there won’t be any suspense associated with this post, I’ll drag it out and make it into something or other. :roll: You already know the story but, a few more pics can’t hurt :!:

Well we all managed to meet at the designated pooling spot! So off goes the caravan to the spot to get onto the ice. A small but dedicated caravan I should mention. Spirits were high; enthusiasm was over flowing from the group! Let’s get fishing!

Well it didn’t take long for Iceman to start the auger, let me tell you people, this man’s a serious fisherman :shock: Wasn’t long before everyone is set up at a hole, as Oakborne also had his auger going and I believe there was another one over in the group which included RJ, Big-O, Jale6666 and his buddy :oops: damn, wish I could remember the name :!:

Anyway, wasn’t long before the action started, Nighttroller yells, that he has one :shock: this I can tell you pumps everyone up. The only problem is it stopped all of us from fishing for at least 15 minutes. But how could you not stop to watch the excitement, really now :!:

Here’s a couple more shots of that beauty!

Well of course we all get right back to it, thinking, this could be a great day :!: Mind you, it already was for Richard at this point :!: so we start working the holes a little more as seen here. Iceman and his buddy Dave, not sure he’s registered here as yet. Working those holes over well.

For those of you who wondered about the house Big Jim had mention, it’s easy to find, here it is actually.

Despite some great differences in the terrain on the bottom in this area, no fish were caught here but it’s understandable why Big Jim likes it so much :!:

Here’s Jazz working a hole and Duck Gunner working on his appetite :!: :wink:

And of course, after that beauty, Richard’s right back at it….

Well since that first early Trout, unfortunately there wouldn’t be much other action despite moving to many holes. Here, Iceman and Duck Gunner are seen working more holes still.

Iceman’s buddy Dave found the day a little tiring, Hey wait a minute, I’m the one who stayed up all night and day :!: :shock: :lol:

Finally about 5 and ¾ hours later, Duck Gunner says, “hey I got one” Iceman, Dave and I see he’s fighting something, but his rod wasn’t “about to break” or anything so I never even thought about videoing it :roll:

He lands a nice small Laker, I believe on an airplane jig :!:

Well in the meantime, Big-O comes around from the other side of the Island to tell us the Perch are biting and they’ve got a couple doozies. After showing him DG’s Trout, he starts to laugh stating, “Our G**dang Perch are bigger ‘n that” followed with the trademark Big-O laugh “Ha Ha Ha Ha “.

Well we had to get a picture to prove that,

Beauties :!: Both of them :!:

And of course, DG decides he’s going to try airplane jigging in the shallows. Well he hits paydirt again. Only problem, the jigs almost as big as the fish :shock:

So much for Perching :roll:

Well finally Iceman, Dave and Duck gunner decide they’re calling it quits. I figure I’ve still got a couple hours so, around the island I go to fish with Big-O, RJ and Jazzman.

Jazz saying goodbyes to Iceman, Dave and DG :!:

Here the boys were, RJ and Jazz working those holes for more of those killer Perch.

And of course, Big-O doing the same,

I fished about an hour with them there before we all pulled up stakes and left. All in all, what another great day. It was just a bunch of guys and gal, getting together for more comraderie and friendship out on the ice, Only way it could’ve been better, is if I’d a had some sleep somewhere in between all that :!: :roll:

Thanks again guys :!: It was a pleasure once again :!:

Now here’s another video of the catch. You’ll see a little spot towards the end where the fish is coming out of the hole and I just instinctively reach to give RJ a hand pulling the fish out of the hole, which causes me to swing the camera away from the action for a short period. I tell you, after 35-40 years of reaching for fish, it’s a hard habit to break :!: :lol: :lol:

http://members.rogers.com/robertaubrey/ ... 5_0002.wmv
Last edited by Wall-I-Guy on Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

Beauty laker, great colors.

Nice report Wig. Quess I should of turned out for the day also.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Can anyone please tell me if the video is working? I've had one message it wasn't :shock:
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by jazman »

no luck for me WIG?
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

No go Wig!
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Thanks Guys!

How about now??
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

No sir
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Crap, I'm at work and trying to fix it is a pain in the...well, you know!

How about this link?

http://members.rogers.com/robertaubrey/ ... 5_0002.wmv

Thanks for the help guys!

Anyone out there on Rogers that is having issues with their high speed right now??
Last edited by Wall-I-Guy on Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Still no go! Great report by the way!
muskymuskymusky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

still no

Post by muskymuskymusky »

Still not working. Awesome pics, great report. AND of course What a big beautiful Laker. :shock: GREAT JOB! :D
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

OK, they should both be working now!!

Please let me know!!!
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

sorry I missed this one, video still no :cry:
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Someone else try the video please. I think Bear may have the old link as his time was very close to when I changed a bit of the code...

If not, it'll have to wait until tomorrow!
Last edited by Wall-I-Guy on Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Works now, very cool, now im really kick'n my butt for not gettn' outta bed, great work on the video, no profanity heard :lol: :lol: :lol:
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Bear wrote:Works now, very cool, now im really kick'n my butt for not gettn' outta bed, great work on the video, no profanity heard :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then you didn't listen hard enough :lol: :lol: Right after I say that, someone says SH** and then if you listen real hard, RJ mutters the "F" word ! :lol: :lol:

We expected you today Bear !!
Last edited by Wall-I-Guy on Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.