Lake Simcoe Jan. 9

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Lake Simcoe Jan. 9

Post by fishforfun »

Got out on Simcoe today with Markus, Jammer, Skeiner and Musky X 3. Had a blast for my first time back on hardwater in over a decade. Never targetted perch through the ice so it was educational. Fished sun up till sundown, when fishing with these guys you are in for the day! Thank God Skeiner had a power auger, our first stop seemed like a 2 mile hike! If I had to cut holes with a hand auger after that they would have been dragging my frozen corpse to the truck! Great time, great company lotsa of laughs. we all have some pics I'll post mine later,and I'm sure they will add some comments. Thanks guys!
Sorry Jammer Not Jaz, I'm tired!
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

FFF, PICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCS :D Awsome to you guys head out for sure!!!

Look forward ti the report guys!

T.L F.F
muskymuskymusky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

simcoe

Post by muskymuskymusky »

Great day forsure. Thanks all( Jammer Skeinmachine Markus and Fishforfun). Had a slow day so the boys said but the fishing was steady enough for me. Caught enough for me to eat, going to cook it up tommorow after work. (:? Never cooked perch befor). Was really cool just to meet some of the fishing community. Hope we can do it again soon. :D I caught 4 perch the biggest being 13inches. :D
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Lake Simcoe Jan. 9

Post by wolfe »

fishforfun wrote:Got out on Simcoe today with Markus, Jammer, Skeiner and Musky X 3. Fished sun up till sundown, when fishing with these guys you are in for the day! Thank God Skeiner had a power auger, our first stop seemed like a 2 mile hike! If I had to cut holes with a hand auger after that they would have been dragging my frozen corpse to the truck
:lol: :lol:

Sounds grueling, but lots o' FUN !!! Looking forward to the pictures.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Ok some pics ( body doesn't want to sleep)
1st one Skeins hut and the ice around us estimate 300 out there today
Skein and Markus center discussing and using Vexilar. Amazing Sonar!
Jammer background Fish On ! Notice he catches his rod before it goes to the bottom
Vexilar rewarding and frustrating
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D good pics..markus must have went to sleep when he got back.. ! How Many perch did you guys get?
SkeinMachine
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SkeinMachine »

Here's muskymuskymusky's 13 incher:

Close-Up:

Excellent day,Markus made a smart move,and hiked over to a different location,and had 40 odd fish from that spot.

Over all total for us was approx 100 fish,very bad day for me,7 fish(should of moved with Markus).

Nice meeting/chatting/laughing with you guys,till next time.........
Last edited by SkeinMachine on Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Thanks for the report and pics
GOD....I MISS SIMCOE.. :cry: :cry: :cry:
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Fun pics, fff. Looks like there were lots of others out on the ice, too.

(As I'm typing this, 5 deer just came barreling into my yard.)

Anyway, back to your pics. That fish definitely qualifies for the phrase "JUMBO perch"!

Hope you got some sleep last night! You'll probably be popping the top of the Tylenol for some stiff legs this morning... :wink:

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

That is one heck of a perch!
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

It was great to get out today with triple F, triple M, Skeiner and Markus. The fishing was a tad slow and ya had to work for em... Good bunch of guys.. The weather was great and the company as well.. Hopefully we will get some decent ice down here!!!
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Looks like you guys did an aswesome job on those perch and big ones too.

Must have taken a while to clean those numbers. I know when I get a bucket full of crappies it takes a long time. I should listen to Big-O and get an electric knife.

Must go up to Simcoe this winter for some of those huge perch.

Carlco
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Nice to get out guys, I read the report last night and thought, geez, Jazzman went all the way down there :?: ..........NOT :!:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

First road trip of 2005 had to be of course an ice fishing day. All the pitures of everyone on the ice had Jammer and myelf going crazy.

We juggled plans right up until the night before, but by supper time that night we had a geat crew of Jammer, FFF, muskymuskymusky, skeinmachine and myself organized to meet and try our luck for Lake Simcoe Perch.

We knew the word was out regarding Cooks Bay and the amount of anglers that would be there was inevidable. I'm guessing between 200-300 anglers all converged on the bay at about 7am. We decided to move out to the edge of this ice fishing madness...a little hike. :wink:

Here's fff maning his holes. He's contemplating switching over to a big jig to see if there were any big lakers, whities or pike cruising the area. FFF managed 6 nice keepers for the day.

It was great meeting muskymuskymusky for the first time. He did a great job jigging up 4 or 5 nice perch on what would prove to be a slow day...incuding this beautiful 13 incher!

Jammer is an extremly determined ice fisherman and was not leaving that ice until he had a decent catch. His efforts put 17 nice keepers in his pail for the day.

I've been wanting to meet and fish with Skeiner for a long time. This guy is fully equipt with the gadgets and gear and it was awesome to see his vexilar in action. He was kind enough to take us each aside and give a demenstration on it's capabities. Sorry I didn't get a pic of ya bud...

I recieved a tip from another angler on the ice and proceed to try a spot about 200 yards away. I was fortunate enough to find a good school and got into them nicey. I tried to wave the boys over, but couldn't get their attention...the last thing I wanted to do with 300 fishermen around was yell, "Hey, get over here-I'm pounding them!" :lol: :lol: Here's a look at my best of the day, a 13 incher. I was lucky enough to finish the day with 46 keepers in my bucket.

Here's a set up I won't be using agian. :lol: I had a big unknown fish smack this and before I could flinch, my pole was completly gone! :oops: :lol: I just kept jigging and chuckled.

Thanks guys for a great day. It's been awhile since I've woken up after a days fishing and ached like this. :lol: See ya on the ice again soon.
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Those are some huge perch!! Wish I could find me some of those in petrie!