Muskie outing, What a great day

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Muskie outing, What a great day

Post by JP »

Thanks to all u guys( and gals) who came out to the outing today. It was great to meet u all and see all the old faces again. Also want to thank Jake from Manotic Bait and Tackle for the seminar in the morning and for openning the store early so we could get bait. Also thanks to Heather and the staff at the Riverbend Pub for putting on a great feed.
Well Jim W., TLsee and I were skunked, although I should have know it was going to happen when the first spot we pulled up on smelled like road kill skunk :oops: :cry: :evil: . Terry says, Geeze I hope this isn't an omen(the curse :? :( :cry: :wink: ). We didn't see a fish all day but 12 were boated by hawk-talkers. Marcus, Snag, Slushie, Bozog, Float Fish, Bobber, Steve G. and Fish-hawk, congrats for showing us all up :lol: :wink: .

See u all soon. Remember that next years event, the 3rd annual Fish-Hawk Muskie outing will be bigger and better.

Thanks again.
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

12 Muskies! That's impressive, you guys and gals are awesome! RJ time to throw Gordo over the side, sacrifice to the fish gods :wink:
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

Thanks for the effort put into organizing today JP :D :D :!: :!: and I look forward to next year in the sun :wink:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

If I told you all how Gordo lost his fish today....he may throw himself over the side... :o

Nice to see some quality fish caught today....definite pattern on how they were caught!

RJ
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Thanks

Post by JP »

Thanks Rider, glad to hear you had a great time.
JP
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey JP

Glad to see the event went off with out a hitch :D :D , sorry I could make it, I will be at the next one for sure.....But with grass reaching bailing height and pool looking like bog that some sort of creature may come popping out of at at time, And the on set of a cold....home is where I had to be, getting 2 months yard work done in one day is no fun....I much rather be on the water :D :D Can't wait to see the Pics :D
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

hey

Post by JP »

Hey Big-O, thanks, was a great day and we were sorry that u couldn't make it, but I understand yard work. I ahve about 8months to catch up on :? :oops: . I'm justa waiting for the snow to kill of the grass so I don't have to cut it :wink: :lol: .
See u soon.
JP
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

I am so excited to see some pics!!!
I won't tell what I know but I can't wait!!! :wink:
CDF
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CDF »

Go figure...

Wife got called into work very early Saturday morning. Had to stay home with my daughter. No problem, maybe next time.

Gonna try to sneak out for a couple of hours Sunday morning.

Can't wait for the pics...sounds like it a good time was had by all.

Cman
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Slushpuppy and I had an awesome time. It was nice to meet some fellow hawktalkers at such a good turnout. Thanks goes to JP for organizing it all. Good job!! We're already looking forward to the next one! :D :D
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
John Thompson
Participant
Participant

Post by John Thompson »

Thanks for organizing this event. It's really the first Fish Hawk event I've gone to but it certanily won't be the last. Even though we got skunked :(
it was great to meet everyone.

So...when's the next outing??? :D :D :D
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

I had a great time but joined the skunked gang! I haven't caught a Muskie since I lost my Grim Reaper Bucktail two weeks ago. I am going to have to figure out how to reverse the curse!!! Congrats to all who showed us how it is done. FishHawk, there may be a patent in order!
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Awsome time for sure!!!!!!! :D Thx to JP for his hard work in getting us out yesterday :D Food was awsome and the fishin wasn't to bad either :wink:

Great to see everyone again and the new faces too :D

I got the smallest skie of the day and thats the only info I give till pics arise :lol:

Thx to all!!!

T.L F.F
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

Here are pictures of Bowzog's 38 inch muskie.

Here it is still in the water, you can even see the jig:

And here it is for a quick pic.

Sorry I don't have a picture of my ~43 incher (of course, it keeps getting bigger the more I talk about it :wink: ), it snapped the line just as we were ready to take it out of the water. Great fight, though. Caught it from shore when we were trying to get out of the rain!

Had a great time yesterday, great to see all the Hawk Talkers and to finally meet some of the other women and their cute little kiddies.
Fishing Freak
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishing Freak »

Nice fish Bowzog, and great chatting with you and Slushpuppy.
Looking forward to the next outing. Slush don't they call that a profesional release when it's lost at boatside :D

Congrats to all who caught one yesterday.