Quebec Bass Report - Pics!

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Quebec Bass Report - Pics!

Post by JustinHoffman »

Hello All,
Beautiful day here today - sunny, no wind and +7. Decided to head up to my buddy Andy's cottage on Wolf Lake, Gatineau for a couple of hours of bass fishing. (40 minutes north of Ottawa.)
Gorgeous scenery and a beautiful lake. Hit the water at 2:30pm and fished until 5:15pm. Managed to get 8 bass in the boat (6 smallies and 2 largemouth) Largest bass for the day was a 3lb smallie (Pic.1)
Tough time finding concentrations of fish, and for the most part, it was a 'one fish per spot' kind of afternoon. All of the bass were caught on tubes (brown or green), and my one largemouth was caught on a 1/2 oz. Rattling Spot. Tough when the fish decide to scatter - had a feeling they would be grouped up more at this time of the year.
All in all a great few hours. Andy caught most of the fish, but hey, you can't get them all, all the time! lol
Good Fishing,
P.S. the smallies were caught in water between 12 and 20 feet, while the two largemouth came from 10 feet of water..

Andy's collection of Fish..

One of my two fish for the day..
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Sweet pics budz :D Love the backround and the fall piggies

T.L F.F
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Looks like a classic day on the water :!:

Nice job with the fish and photos :!:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Justin

great shots...I love to see photo's with reports, yours are excellent ...thanks bud for sharing them with us, great fall senery and super fish ....what more could you ask for :D
Tubey
Participant
Participant

Post by Tubey »

Hello all,

Justin,
thanks for giving me all the credit.. you're too kind.

It was an interesting day on the water. Having been up there the previous saturday, I managed to find several schools of fish resulting in some fast and furious action - 6 fish for six casts (in two different spots).

I can't seem to figure out why these bass, 5 days later, were scattered. No major fronts had passed, no temperature changes. Only a full lunar eclipse.

Does anyone have any opinions as to why they were schooled up on the weekend, and a few days later, were solo and roaming?

Andy
Rideaufish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Rideaufish »

Welcome to he Hawtalk family. My guess would be they saw the prob with being in school over the weekend. :D