Quinte Adventure Weekend Report....(loads of pics)

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

Wow, what a great weekend. Accomodations at Merland's were great, food was great, fishing for us wasn't as good as previous years but was still pretty good, and company from the entire Fishhawk crew as alsways was great! I shared a cottage with Scumking, Captain Kirk, PENG and Probassing. I fished with PENG on Thursday and Friday, Probassing joined us for Saturday. On Thursday we spent a little too much time fishing in our usual area but the water was a little warmer than normal for this time of year and the fish were just starting to show up. We went 3/6 for the day with Peng catching a 30".

Friday we started in our usual area and the fish were on fire for about an hour but then slowed down so we started exploring. We ended the day 14/16 and I had a 29.5" to the fork, 31 to the tip of the tail.

PENG took a pic of me holding the fish but somehow liked the background to my left. Time for a new photographer! :D

Saturday PRobassing joined us and we were 7/7 but what a rough day. My body still aches from the ride back! Sunday we woke up to rain and more wind so we opted to pack it in! I would like to thank everyone that organized this trip, it was excellent.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

sounds like everyone was into the fish!!!

way to go Hawkers!!!!
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

wow and fantastic report for sure :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just wondering if anyone was aproached by the "MNR"

We were around the cement plant "bout 4pm(saturday) asking how we had done :?:
they had told us nobody was cathing much, only one other boat had reported catchin' 6 fish
:shock:

kinda' think these guy's are politicians in the making :D :D :D :D :D

glad my boat wasnt there saturday :shock:
Glad to hear it was a great time :!: :!: :!:
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Feekin Awsome guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Birdee
Participant
Participant

Post by Birdee »

Well I have to admit that I am a little skeptical when it comes to big water, wind and a small boat, Rob tried to set my mind at ease several times and I trust him :D but being new to the whole thing, I hope you understand........
Long story short :D :D :D I had one of the most fantastic times in my life, great weather for the 2 days I fished, had to squeeze in some shopping :wink: :wink: great company and some wonderful people.

I have to thank RJ for hooking me up with some pretty big fish (bigger than his, if you noticed in the pics) and he also forgot to mention that most of our action on Friday didn't happen until I said to try the pretty purple lure.
Thanks so much to Fish-Hawk and Bobber for an excellent time, sign me up for next year guys, Dana for the great company as well (and the timmy runs MT), and my bunk mates ET,Gordo, RJ Senior and of course RJ.

Markus, I learned a few of your poker tells, so watch out next time. :wink:

Thanks everyone for the great laughs and memories

Birdee
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

What can I say, an awesome weekend, albeit a 2 day fishing weekend, but what a 2 days :!: Had a great time with my cabin buddies, Skooter, Allan C, and Skooter as well as BTS and Tenline.

Thanks again to Hawk, Bobber and all their helpers, Birdie, Dana, Jazz, Big-O and Topwater..Great job gang. Hope I haven't forgot anyone.

Well my fishing partners BTS and Tenline and myself had a great couple days. Started off Thursday by getting 13 of 15. Took a half day to get the kinks worked out. Once we did that, just freakin' amazing.

Started off east of the ferry, running planer boards on the mast. It wasn't long before the first hit came...BTS pulls in a nice Walleye.

Nailed on a Mann's 20 Perch.

Off we go again, not long after Kevin nails another beauty, this time on the old reliable Dr.D..

Then it's my turn to join in on the fun...guests get first shots in the boat :D And wouldn't you know it...a Sheepy :!: :roll:

At least it came in at 10+ pounds..

Well the day turned out quite well. We went 13 for 15 with two Sheepies...

More pics...

Our biggest came in close to 12 pounds of which we had two.
Our second day was just wild.We went a perfect 22 for 22 with only one Sheepy...You'll see it below, kinda resembles a football. :lol:

Here are more of the 2 days catches...

Just an awesome 2 days of fishing....

And what better way to end our second day than a double header..

In all, BTS, Tenline and myself went 35 for 37...Not too shabby.

And finally, thanks to all the other Hawk Talkers who made the weekend such a success.

WIG
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Birdee wrote:
I learned one of yours too. When Birdee goes all in....Call! :lol:
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Looks like you guys all lucked into some great weather and awesome fishing!!!!

Another successful F-H outing... great reports, keep the pics coming!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Markus wrote:
Birdee wrote:
I learned one of yours too. When Birdee goes all in....Call! :lol:
Now that's funny... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

Awsome, just Awesome! :D

thats all i can say, wish i could have joined yas. glad the weather held out for a few day of great fishing.

chris
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Congrats to the derby winners!

We had 2 derbys. One for the early guests on Thursday and a another on Friday/Saturday.

They both were a 2 part derby...longest walleye (measured to the fork) and heaviest Sheepie.

Thursday Winners
Walleye - Ransome, 30.5IN - $90
Sheephead - BTS - 10.5lbs - $90

Friday/Saturday Winners
Walleye - Mrs Turkey and WIG, both 30IN - $160 each
Sheephead - Skooter - 11.7lbs - $120

Nice work folks!
Last edited by Markus on Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Looks liked you guys had a blast this weekend at Quinte those walleyes are just beautiful keep the report and pics coming.

Those picks get me anchious to go walleye fishing on the bay of Quinte in the future. I could see a trip in the near future in Quinte.
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

:D :D :D :D

WOW, ..........what an excellent adventure...... :!: :!: :!: :!:

I'll just put up some of the fish pics here..... :wink:

I'm a little late, ......cause I was at the "clinic"...

.....It appears I fished all weekend, ....with a fractured rib, .....I'm wrapped up like a Christmas present now, .... they forgot the "bow" though......(The gory details later.....) :cry:

Spent Thursday on the water with Crash, .....still awaiting my crew

We got the "rookie" crew together for Friday, ....couldn't ask for better weather, ......kept thinking all day, ....."we must be in the wrong place"

We ended up 12 for 13........ :D

We didn't get the numbers the veteran crews got, ....but it was a day to remember for sure, :wink:

We had two double headers, ....back to back, ....even had to net the last couple, ....with one of the lures still in the net...

I couldn't have asked for a better crew, .....

I had met Andre at Westmeath briefly, .....and I was a little concerned, ...when I found out Allen's handle on his local board, ....I'll let him spill the beans, ....if he so desires....

Assuming there'll be a Quinte trip "2006", .....I'd look forward to keeping our gang together, .....I had a blast :D :wink:

Last pic for now.....

This puppy made my weekend, .....I thought I was back in Bronte again, .....screamin' reel, ....good runs, ......20 minutes of "ear to ear" smiles, :D :D :D :D

Oh yeah, ...the prize money for the largest drum, .....was an even nicer bonus..... :shock: :lol: :D :wink:

I've got a "poopie" load of pics here, so I'm gonna do a thread in "great Lakes", of some of the more "personal" aspects of my trip, :roll: :lol:

Right Now, ...I'd like to throw out an initial "Thank You", .... to "everyone" involved, definitely expand on this later, :wink:

......It's gonna take something really special, ....to top this "adventure"..... :D :D :wink:
Hoss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hoss »

Another great BOQ/get together trip for sure. :D :D :D

I couldn't make it unfortunatly until Friday after work only to hear about the crazy #'s of fish everyone was bringing in. I could hardly wait to get out on Saturday morning with Fishforfun.

We went 6 for 9 on the walleye and 1 for 1 on the sheepie. It was a little tough on the kidneys pounding back to our spot but it seemed to get us a fish almost every pass so we kept it up. All of our lures caught fish off the inline boards. Walley Minnow(green), Dr. Death manns and a rainbow coloured manns strech 20 were all we used all day. Nothing really huge but a lot bigger than the ones I'm used to. All fish were between 21 and 26 inches to the inside of the fork and FFF's sheepie weighed in at 11.4 on my scale :shock: :shock: :shock: When Martin was battling the sheepie I thought he had a record walleye on the line. :D

Heres some pics of the day:

Awesome day on the water with FFF and good times back at the camp. It was great to meet some new folks and catch up with others I've already met.

P.S. A warning to all that may run into Turkeyman......don't tell him to lick you or anything of that sort...... you'll be sorry you opened your yap :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I was playing with some weights and dive curves and I think I got a little deep when I hooked this one. :oops: