Quinte Adventure Weekend Report....(loads of pics)

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
fisher
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fisher »

JUST AWESOME!!!!!
WOW... everyone did well,walleye fishing couldn't get any better then this :D another great trip I am sooooooo sory to miss :cry:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Fridays flurry exhausted Ransome! I found him asleep in the bow. :lol:

RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

It was contagious!... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Birdee.......

wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

These pics and recounts of your trip are so fun, guys.

Skooter: a cracked rib?! Hope you're better soon. There's not a whole lot you can do for that, I think. Probably reeling in massive, bloated sheepies and boating rough waters didn't help you much. :roll:

Great stuff, all!

(Markus, that is a priceless mug shot of you and the wally! :lol: )

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Where do I even begin?

First off, want to say thanks to FH/Bobber and all the people that helped out! In my mind, this was one of the best trips yet! Great food, great times and great people! Thanks!

Now once this trip was first mentioned I knew I wanted to get into some big eyes, most knowing my luck here with them at home, I was gonna be doomed, so I thought of asking one person who the last time I fished with, put me into my first big eye on Erie... A pm was sent to Markus, and lucky for me he said hop on board! Awsome, now I was fishing with someone who knew how to slay em!!

I was after my first double digit eye which I was hoping to get mounted, and I knew Markus could put me into one!!

The great crew I had which consisted of Markus, Muskiemagnet and Jazzman gave me the first fish of the day, another 8lber! Wow first fish and I tied my personal best! After a quick and steady rotation of fish fighting I was back up, fish on! After a nice fight its in the net and Markus looks down and says, "Ransome thats the one!" We weighed her in at around 12lbs and 30.5".... My god was my heart pumping and the smiles a flowing... It was hard trying to hold back my little schoolgirl glee! I couldnt beleive it! First day out and I had my trophy! I cannot thank Markus enough!! Thanks ever so much budd, this means more than you know to me!

And the action never stopped for our boat! Second day was just silly with the number of fish caught, and the 3rd day was lining up to be another killer until some boat problems hampered us! But heck I was ready to go back home after the first 2 hours of fishing on thursday! The other days were just a bonus and a privilage!

So to wrap it up, many thanks go to Jazz and Magnet for making such a great crew, much thanks for magnet forthe drive up there! And many many many thanks go to Markus! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to fish with you again, for putting me onto more eyes than I have ever seen, and for getting my my first trophy eye on the first day fishing! Thank you Markus for giving me the best fishing trip of my life, I can only imagine what the next trip with you will bring! Thanks so much!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Still contagious..... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gordo....

eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

First off it was great to meet up with Fish-Hawkers in real life and fish one of my favorite bodies of water for good old marble eyes. I am glad that Quinte did not disappoint, and once again the fish-hawk crew put on an outstanding weekend.

My goal this year was to take out a couple of anglers that don't get the chance to fish for trophy eyes and get them a fish of a lifetime. I used a few of my tournament techniques to focus in on large eyes while working schools/packs of feeding walleye -- please note that my crew has be sworn to secrecy :wink: .

On Thursday I fished with Musky Musky Musky (mmm), we launched out of Picton Harbour and then made a 16 mile run up Adolphus Reach. Drove around looking for a couple of schools that I marked the previous week, once we found them we got the lines out for some action. The first walleye in the boat was a personal best for mmm, but I said it was only a small one because it was 28" in length. As the day went on mmm tossed lots of 28 and 29 inchers back into the water. While working the North Shore we came across a solid hit with the inline board pulling back steady, I mention to mmm "Here is a good fish" after his arms where numb, I could see the fish from the transom and netted his 31.5" walleye.

I still love the look of someone holding their first big Quinte walleye.

Now that mmm had a trophy in the boat it was time for me to reel one in.

Friday was a slow start but by the end of the day once we were on top of a feeding pack of walleyes we stayed with them till dark. We arrived back at Merlands after dark with a great day on the water. We landed so many fish that mmm and I just released them in the water at the side of the boat. In four consecutive passes we had 3 fish on every pass :shock: . By the end of the day mmm was a pro at setting out inline boards and landing 3 fish at a time.

On Saturday morning we added MuskieWannabe to my crew, stage two of the weekend was finding him a Trophy. It was tough day with strong 35km North East winds. We had to work hard but by the end of the day while riding some big waves MuskieWannabe landed a very nice 31" Walleye.

I had a great time with Chris and Brian, they always have a seat in my boat anytime they can make it out. MuskieWannabe has the pictures of his fish, so hopefully he will get them posted.

Lots of fish and two newly hooked trophy Quinte Anglers.
Mission Accomplished!

cheers'

-et
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

WOW

An amazing weekend for sure guys!
muskymuskymusky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Thank you.

Post by muskymuskymusky »

Thanks to all who made this weekend a great success,thanks again sheldon for putting me on all those great fish. I had a great time meeting all the halk talkers and hope to see you at the next outing aswell. :D :D :D :D
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

That was fun! Thanks everyone for coming out and making this week-end something that will be tough to beat.

Thanks goes to Big-O and Topwater and Jazman and MT Livewell for their part in preparing a good chunk of the suppers. Let's not forget the kitchen activities of Birdee and Dana as well - plus everyone else who pitched in.

Got some great pics of Lise and Mike Clement that I will have to post tomorrow night when I am not falling asleep at the keyboard. That was an outstanding day of fishing we had on Friday - even if I was trying to figger out planer boards. Thanks for all the coaching before hand RJ.

Thanks Merland Park's Kevin Lavers plus Big Jim and Sheldon Hatch, and Lee Branscombe. We had a pile of loot to give away as prizes - in particular there were a couple of fantastic Magnus fishing nets with built-in weigh scales. Thanks Tim Bartlett for the nets. Everyone wanted one of those.

And thanks to Marnie for doing a great job of providing us with breakfasts and bag lunches each morning. That's the way to start the day off right! Deeeeeeeeeelicious!

It was grat meeting you Rigger. We must fish next summer for sure.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
fish_man_dude
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fish_man_dude »

i think just about everybody had a better wknd than I did.... :|
Good report, great pics....

ez
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Simply love reading/viewing reports like this. Beauty fish.. Congrats go out to the $$$ winners and to Ransome for his new mount! Looks like the weather didn't hamper the gang too much. Again, great looking fish, that have eluded me this yr. Then again, I'm no eye pro by any means. I'd have been happy nabbing even the smallest of em' :lol:

Congrats to the FH crew, for yet another successful outing.
Astro-Mike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Astro-Mike »

I had a total blast.
Met some excellent people, ate way to much, learned alot.
This was my first time at a Fish-hawk outing, and I didn't know anyone, by the end of the weekend I had made some excellent friends.

Arrived thursday and met up with my bunkmates, the Turkeys and Crash.
Then jumped in the boat with Joe and we headed out.

Friday- had crash in the boat with us.

We came in had a great meal and then a talk by eye-tracker
learned alot form Sheldon- thanx.

Sat we went out with Andre and fought the winds and waves
still had a great time.

Came in and saw some smiling faces

What a fun time, a great group, excellent fishing.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Man, I don't think I've ever seen so many pics of lunker walleye in one place before!!! SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG folks and glad to hear a good time was had by all!! :D :D :D :) Oh, and some of those woolies are real hawgs too!!! :o :shock:
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

What an amazing weekend you all had :lol:

Great weather and the fish co-operated!

Good going everyone.

Quite envious.

Carlco