Back from Long Point Bay

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Back from Long Point Bay

Post by Markus »

Well. It blew. It blew some more. And it's still blowing.

We were plauged with our traditional "fish-hawk weekend weather". :cry: Thunderstorms and gail force winds. We pitched our tents and got out on the water when we could. Some fished the inner bay for bass and others went out on the big water for bows and walleye.

Thursday evening, Muskiemagnet and I fished out of Port Burwell. We boated 7 eyes before it got to rough and we had to head in.

Friday morning it was too rough to get on the main lake, so Tony and I poked around the channels for baby bass. We got a couple LM and a pike.....nothing impresive, but we were fishing!

Friday evening was a wind write off, so Tony and MT and I decided to poke our way over to the outflow and only found nibbling gobies in the 95 degree water.

Saturday looked better. Muskiemagnet and Tony launched with me out of Burwell and Tony quickly landed a nice eye. Then we picked up a perch and a couple woolies. No action for the bows for us that morning. I can't get over how aggresive some of the perch are out there!

Hoovers crew did well on the bows Sat morning though. We headed back in for lunch and decided to return later for the evening fish. When we returned at 4pm, we found Hoover sleeping in his truck. I hollared at him and he sprung to life. He invited us to join him on his boat and we gladly excepted. Fishing wasn't much more productive, but MM and Tony landed 2 nice bows!

Sunday morning MT, Tony and I tried Burwell again. Waves were about 3-4 feet on the way out and after we set up 6 miles out.....they quickly built to 6-8 footers! JoeOD, WIG, BTS and Kyle were out too and radio'd they were heading in. We stuck it out a bit longer and tried our luck. 6 woolies, a perch and 1 bow later and we decided we couldn't take much more.

Fishing was tough.

It was a pleasure meeting so many new faces at the campsite. The girls had fun at the park and Pink Lady got to hang out with a couple other FH fishing widows. :lol: I really enjoyed seeing so many folks making the hike to southern ontario, I just wished the weather was a little better. :?

WIG, BTS, MT and Tony are here at my place for an additional night. Poker and Pops are on the menu. :P

Great seeing everyone again. I look forward to the next time.
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Sorry to hear the wind was a bugger! But good to see ya's out fishing and better seeing tony tying into 2 nice bows and a nice eye!! Feels good eh tony! There you got a big walleye!! Fell better now :P:P:P
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

Nicew pics man. Still sounded like a good time, even though the fishing wasnt great. Next year, no matter what, i have to convince the walking wallets"parents" to a fh adventure weekend,
p.s. How do those giant eyes fight compared to the bows?
yff3
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

We humans STILL can't control the weather... :lol:

Nice pics and report, Markus.

Tony, beauuuutiful wally!:D

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Great report Markus. Too bad about the weather :roll:

Sweet 'eye Tony! You must be really satisfied with that one, I know you've been wanting to hook into a big 'eye forever :wink:

Can't wait to see how some of the others did as well.

bucket
Cracker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Cracker »

Yet another weekend of crappy weather for a fish-hawk outing! I am working in Hamilton and I was really feeling for you guys.

Oh, and I say BTS will take home the big money after poker! :D
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

The sun won't shine until I get there either. :roll: OK, I'll f*^k off. :shock:

Kinda sucks the luck, but good to see a couple fish got to a few. I bet if I asked Tony he'd maybe say the eyes and bows he caught made fishing totally worth every minute, not to mention hanging with a good group. :)

Great report Markus, nothing really to be upset about, like it was said you can't control the weather. There will be just as many people line up next time for the trip cause we've seen plenty of yours and other pics of Erie and know there's fish there.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I can't wait to see a few more pics from the other campers. I know there was some real nice bass, walleye and bows landed! :P
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by jazman »

I am sure it was a great time, I hate missing these outings....

bring on the pics

beauty Tony!
Caseys Dream
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Caseys Dream »

Well I only spent a small amount of time with everyone, but it was time well spent with very good people. How nice it was to put faces to many of the names we have come to know on this board.
But a real pleasure was meeting Fishawk and Bobber, it is no wonder this site is of the quality it is.

And the man himself, Markus, thanks for setting this up, all the hours that went it organizing, you are an excellent sportsman and a class act.

Thanks again.

CD
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

:D :D

Great report Mark, ..... :D

Geeze, ...failed to hook up once again, .....crappy weather or not, ...know it would have been a fun weekend down there, ....at least there's a few nice fish to show for your efforts....

Well Done Gang, ..... :wink:

Must have just missed ya this morning at Burwell, ...so what else is new..... :roll: :lol: :wink:
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Sorry bout the weather all :evil: I was watching the 401 today for HT'ers boats or hatsd drivin back from Port Hope, didnt see any :shock:

Awwwwwsome eye there Tony, and great report Markus!!~!!!!!!

F.F
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Big-o and I nearly just kept driving on Friday morning down to LPB....we discussed it for awhile....I had to be home at 1 today for Mom's B-day otherwise we were coming...

We hit the same weather....and felt bad for the guys who made their way down there....but we knew ya'd make the best of it!

Glad everyone is safe and sound...

RJ
nywalleye2
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by nywalleye2 »

Nice eye, how big was that one.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

I love seeing those 'bows. Too bad about the lousy wx, I know it happens, but for once could it happen to someone else other than Hawk Talkers :lol: :roll:

That's one beefcake eatin' walleye you got there Tony - congrats!
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.