Charleston Lake Report #2 (pic added)

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
psufishing
Participant
Participant

Post by psufishing »

Andre,

What did they do to the boat launch at the park?

We are traveling there near the end of July and I hope the waters don't look like your picture.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Andre,

Now that was a pic worth waiting for. Came out fantastic! BEAUTIFUL FISH!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

psufishing wrote:Andre,

What did they do to the boat launch at the park?

We are traveling there near the end of July and I hope the waters don't look like your picture.
They have redone the retaining walls on the ramp. Now concrete..
Previously you could put your boat/trailer fairly tight to the sides and step off the boat onto the ramp walkway .

But now there is a slope along the outer walls which cause the trailer to tip enough that you need to be farther away from the sides.
If you are launching or retrieving by your self (and don't have a pickup) your going to get your feet wet. The new set up makes it slower to put in and out then before.

The new dock on the left (from the water) is now a floating island with 2 small bridge accesses (can no longer tie to the walkway). If the right side is full and you don't drive your boat off/on the trailer make sure your bow line is long (20ft+).

hopefully they will have some of these glitches fixed soon.

PS by the end of July there won't be 1/3 the # of boats out there
psufishing
Participant
Participant

Post by psufishing »

Thanks for the update Andre.

Last year we didn't have a problem leaving out boat docked while we were camping/fishing for three days. I hope it's the same result in July.