Westmeath Adventure Weekend Reports & Pictures

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Westmeath Adventure Weekend Reports & Pictures

Post by SkeeterJohn »

I'll leave it to others to post their reports but i think i speak for everyone saying that we all had an awesome time.

A huge thanks must go to the caterer's who managed to feed us all. Also to those that made the fish fry last night a huge success especially big-o, topwater, and duck gunner for manning the frier. The crappie, perch, and walleye was excellent. Thanks must also go to those that made this possible and who did the leg work to make sure this was the best trip to date.

Finally here is the group photo and derby winners for the weekend.

A few had left early but about 46 are pictured.

The derby winners for longest pike went to muskimagnet at 37" and to jazman with his 25.5" walleye.

Here's jazman's walleye just before it ended up in my fridge :wink:
Thanks jaz and it was a pleasure to have you in my boat again.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

WOW! THat's the best group shot I've seen yet! I see a few T-shirts and shorts too...you don't often see that in a Weekend Adventure group shot! :lol:

Congrates again to MM and Jaz for the big fish honors. :P

Any big cats caught? Any acidental sturgon hook ups?

I'm excited to see more pics! :P
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

Awsome group pic. Nice little envious reading.
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by jazman »

It was a weekend to remember... I had fun from the minute I left on Thursday am until we left at noon today...

There was lots of good fishing, much of it from the dock might I add. I got a 25 inch cat at about 10 on Thursday night and many little guys, 3 pike as well.

John and I hunted pike, managed many little ones but the big ones only followed, could not get them to commit...

The walleye was good fun, assists go to my partner John and Eye-Tracker, who, when I pressed him was confident the biggest walleye would come from the mouth of the black river... (John - we are going to the black river :) )

The food was amazing, and so much of it - The ladies and gent who prepared it deserve our thanks.

Little sleep and lots of good times with my friends, those I have seen on 3-4 adventures and those who had their first....

RJ put together a fine, fine trip. Thanks.

By the way Markus, there were some shorts (only today) - note the float suit in my walleye shot. There were some damp, windy and cold days.... did not slow anyone down though. :lol:

J
Ladyfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Ladyfish »

:D :D FANTASTIC group picture !! :shock: Huge group of people !

Congrats to the winners :D
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Well what can I say, every FH adventure is definately an adventure! Got the first scratches on the boat and dinged the prop but thats what comes with this sport!

Just wanted to say thanks to the FH moderators and RJ for putting this together, thank to the ladies who kept me well fed on the weekend and big thanks to Richard (Nighttroller for always being prepared!!)

Fishing was decent for our boat considering the cold front which had moved in a day or two before us heading up there! Biggest pike for our boat was 25.5", walleye 12" a 21" catfish and tonys ling.

Food was amazing and the company was great! What a blast!

Image My Cat

Image Biggest pike in our boat

I know the following pic includes 2 out of season fish but theres a story behind it. We were trying the 3-way swivel rig for walleye and i feel tap tap, so i pause thinking its a walleye and feel tap tap again, whammo set the hook and what do I catch? 2 smallies, one on the floating jig and one on the bottom jig! What a fight that was!

Ladyfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Ladyfish »

Way to go Ransome ! Nice fish! :D
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Hey Ian great Picks, Looks like you guys had a blast.

Thought you were going to motor around the river all weekend and not fish a whole lot.Tony I'm amazed you actually catch fish :D :D only joking :twisted: .No word from the Nighttroller :?: :?: .

Ron
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Markus wrote:Any acidental sturgon hook ups?
One sturgon was landed about 40" and pictures were taken.. I can't for the life of me rember who had it.. rider perhaps ? :?:

Best pike in the boat for us was 25" although a monster followed and turned out to be one of those times an extra 10ft could have meant a hookup. Smallest pike was about 6" and aquarium material :shock: that was probably the smallest pike i'd ever seen.

hahaha crash :wink: They taste better than they fight but i'm looking forward to getting down to quinte in the fall again.. ahh but there's lots of fishing to do until then :wink: :lol:
tinbanger
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tinbanger »

looks like a great time ... really looking forward to Charleston lAKe at the end of June.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Another great one in the books!... :D

I spent the weekend fishing with my Dad, RJ Sr......we had a great time....we don't get to fish together as much as we'd like but when we do we always have a blast!

We raised too many fish to count....it was getting more than a little frustrating....but hearing everyone having the same problems was reassuring....so we perseveered.... :wink:

RJ Sr. went to crawling a big floating crankbait along the surface.....which was the ticket to raise the larger fish....2 mid 30's inch fish and one 40 plus incher took a swipe....with only a real chunky 34-35 incher made its way to the cradle....(hoping MT posts pic)

Great company....Great food.....Great location....and it all came together....

To all the new Adventure Weekend attendees.....I hope you had a great time!...To all the returnees.....I know you did.... :wink:

On to Charleston!!!

RJ
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

It looks like most of you had a good weekend. Sorry i could not make it up guysss. I dident have surgery yet, the gave me a special anti biotic to try out. The reason i dident go is because my uncle needed my help at his cottage. I managed 5 pike and two smallies.

Nice work everyone..
Northamfishing Tackle
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

Oh Man...!!! Here I am at work..... my face hurts from the sunburn :oops: , my gut hurts from the laughing :lol: , my liver hurts from the beer :? , my nose hurts from Floatfish'n :shock: , and my shoulder hurts from slaying fish for three days 8) . NICE...!!!

Another great outing. Thanks FISH-HAWK guys.
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

All I can say about this weekend is WOW :!: what a great bunch of people. Here are a few of our images

Vince with his 29.5 Pike

Here is my 20 inch Bass it tipped in at 5.5 lbs

My 29 inch Pike

But the BIG FISH goes to Cman with this Beauty :!: :!:

bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Well, it was my first FH outing and what a blast! Was great to put some more faces to names. A big thanks to all who helped out in organizing the trip and as John mentioned to the caterers who kept us from shedding pounds.

Thanks also to NT for keeping me on the water the entire 4 days. Catching fish everytime we went out always kept it interesting. Although nothing substantial was boated I finally got to get some more points for Team 2. And fishing for cats on Thursday was definitely worth taking an extra day off work :D

Here're a few pics from the weekend:

Topwater getting ready for action

My biggest cat to date 20"

Nighttrollers 25.5" kitty

The biggest snot rocket we managed to boat

Ian seeing some action on his new Astro

Friday night saw some boat traffic for 'eyes at the sandbar

Can't wait for the Quinte trip!