KESAGAMI EASTER SUNDAY. Trip#2. (pics)

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Manny wrote:PS, Where were you fishing in the lake???
Newnham Bay. A very large point nearby the river. I know you know the exact spot. :wink:
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by jazman »

awesome report....
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Pike! We have Pike! Nicely done bunk. I was hoping you had found the pike bite. :P
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

BUNK!!!!!!!Just a awsome report, and man what a fish!!!! :shock:

Seee sprinting "Like FF" gets the fishies :lol: :lol:

Awsome bro, simply awsome!!!!!

F.F
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Markus wrote:Pike! We have Pike! Nicely done bunk. I was hoping you had found the pike bite. :P
Did find. Thanks man, fishings been tough up this way thru the hardwater, but better this season than last. The hotspots on the main river (trib mouths) are crammed up with many locals and a few squatters, and there have been times I have gone out to try and fish for just an hour or two only to find either nobody around but yet all the holes taken up with peoples unattended lines, or, too many people actually around tending to those lines. One day though last week I had good productive bites and catches while others fishing a dozen rods each around me watched on in awe. YES. :D

Kesagami at the price of a boat rental and gas, travelling and food for a day, just seemed an obvious worthy venture to get away from the crowds and have a better chance catching fish.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

FLOATFISHIN wrote:BUNK!!!!!!!Just a awsome report, and man what a fish!!!! :shock:
Seee sprinting "Like FF" gets the fishies :lol: :lol:
Awsome bro, simply awsome!!!!!
F.F
I remember one of your stories where you'd be running and stumbling through the snow to get to your lines. Well, the warming soft pack snow littered with the odd old ice hole and plane-ski rut sure as heck didn't make my movements too gazelle like. :lol:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Did ya get a discount on the boat rental?
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Markus wrote:Did ya get a discount on the boat rental?
10% off. They had 2 boats right there embedded in the ice. Inside each was bagged BF and lunch from Timmy's with a thermos of hot coffee. Didn't burn much gas, they only had 9.9's and moved real friggin slow :lol:
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Trip of a life time Bunk! Great story and WOW what a PIKE :shock:
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

That is an amazing pike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I would love to get some of those on the ottawa!!!!!

Great job on the walleyes too!!

All that action must have been awsome!!
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

Bunk,

Thank you for the two back-to-back posts. I really enjoyed them! I bet it was hard to leave after four hours. "One last fish please"...well maybe two more...come back and pick me up tomorrow...awesome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ratsotail
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

ratsotail wrote:Bunk,

Thank you for the two back-to-back posts. I really enjoyed them! I bet it was hard to leave after four hours. "One last fish please"...well maybe two more...come back and pick me up tomorrow...awesome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ratsotail
Truth,

4 hours seemed like just the right amount of time. We were good and busy catching fish throughout the entire time, and it was us that decided to pack it in when we did. The pilots didn't mind staying longer for us if we liked. If I was to stay an entire day though, it would have been great to have the Coleman Stove or Hibachi and do up a decent walleye lunch on the ice.
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Nice pike an walleye there, Ive never been on a plane and i never will go on 1 :lol:
Northamfishing Tackle