Petrie Island (Friday)Now with pic's

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Just a fine looking group!!

Sounds like a great day for sure!! Great pics Mike :!: :!:
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Looks like you all had a great time :lol:
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

What can I say!!!!!!!!A great time out as usual!!!Always a pleasure to hook up with the gang!!!!

Was weather wise awsome, exept for a touch of wind.Food, well...........A spread made for kings!!!,And queens too(Roxy, the girls, and others :wink: )Carlco hard at work cleaning the fish that were consumed :D This guy is a wizard with a blade :lol: :P Prob the final outing on the ice for ol FF this season, but only to be followed with open water trips!!!!! :D

Thx to everyone who supplied goods for the outing, and HOF for bringing his mini fryer, which proved well worth its weight in golden fish fillet fry :D Ohhh and chips too :lol: Fish & Chips on the ice!!!!!

Yes as Big-O said, I was playin safe and showed up in a small but fashionable PFD, I do take advice, on saftey :lol: :lol:

Always a pleasure all, and nice to see a few new faces today aswell!!!!

Thx again all for an ice season not to be forgoten, and filled with stories, and friends that will only make this season the best one Ive had in all my years!!!!!

T.L F.F, and Rox :D
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Well the girlfriend and I had a blast today! Great way to cap off an ice season. As Big-O mentioned, more food out there than you can shake a stick at. And despite a slight windchill the weather was beautiful.

Well, the pike weren't cooperating as I would have liked them to have been but we managed to ice one hammerhandle and between my girlfriend and Nighttroller I must've seen over 20 perch. Another gent (Kevin was it?) iced a nice pike, 29" and must've gone 8lbs I'd say. Bacon also lost something nice due to equipment failure :oops: Bacon - was that on the senko or the flippin jig? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's our very own CB conducting an "Ice fishing with Senkos" seminar...

RJ, Carlco, and Big-O discussing the fine art of suspended mud pout fishing...

A dejected Ransome is glad this ice fishing thing is pretty much over for another year....

Bacon dancing a little jig between my 2 tipups calling them in. That never did work did it?

Well, all in all a fantastic day. Well I'd like to thank RJ for suggesting this outing in the first place and Carlco for suggesting the cookout - what a great idea - and everyone else who made it happen.

bucket
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

I had a real fun day out there today guys! Man so many people..great food. Great conversation...I love some of the work stories :wink:
I arrived at about 6:15 to see only Ransome out there. Pounde out a few holes and got to sittin....I really didn't want Pannies today so I decided to fish Pike and sometimes Bass. Yes I tried a Senko and Then a Flippin Jig :shock: :!:
Neither one produced. I did miss a good one later in the day. When I set the hook the line snapped...it was caught under the spool. I reached for the line in the water and it snapped again...CRAP!

Here are a few Pics I snapped...

Bucket with a little pike with gret color.

A couple of pics of the group....

Nighttroller...jiggin...

This is Kevin...

He goes by Coyote on the board....Iposted this again so folks would know his name :wink:

and last but not least....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Sounds like everyone had a good time! That is a nice pike you nabbed there Coyote!! Slushy and I would've come out but we're in the middle of moving. See you folks on the open water!! :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Fantastic pic's everyone -- again, it must have been a great day of fun and friendship. Looks like beautiful weather, too.

HAPPY B'DAY LINDSAY! Many happy returns...:D

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

Man, looks like you guys had a blast today and ate like kings while I was out all alone on the ice with a half bag of peanuts. Nice pictures to boot.

Carlco, barbotte's through the ice?? Bet you caught them on a blue and silver Hopkin's Smoothie :wink: :wink: .

Manny
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

It was a great day to get out and meet a few new folks!

Too bad I had to leave early.... :( ...such is life!

RJ
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

bucketmouth wrote: Bacon dancing a little jig between my 2 tipups calling them in. That never did work did it?
bucket
Hey,

It's "Jean Jean, the Dancin' Machine" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone remember what that's from :?:
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

the guy that caught the two biggest pike was coyote, one of fish-hawks newest members.had a great day to bad its the last one, come on summer
Duck Gunner
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

where is it from....

Post by Duck Gunner »

Hey WIG...

Missed ya out there today...
Let me know if you're doin Muskrat next week...

Anyhow back on topic...
Not sure on origin but didn't go:

Jean, Jean Dancing Machine.
Joe Joe made it go.
Art Art blew fart.
Blew the whole damn thing apart!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DG. 8)
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Actually DG!

Jean Jean the Dancin' Machine, was a regular on a TV show!!

Name the show!!

Will definetly let you know if I go next week!!
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice to se guys you had a blast today yes the weather was pretty nice today. I would love to attend but now we hare doing renovation on the house and today I had to do some renovation cleanup and geting ready for the easter family reunion that we organized this Sunday and I just se barbotte Carlco caught today and thats get me anchious to go barbotte fishing as soon as the ice is gone this would be next time that I would go fishing I cant wait to go barbotte fishing and spend part of the night out.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

WIG,

For some reason I wanna say Gong Show!