Muskrat Madness

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

bucketmouth wrote: Never seen such a calm and collected ice fisherman as Saskie - must have had 20 fish today take his bait and spit it just as he was going for the hookset! Nary a curse word from him...
My lips were frozen...if you could read minds you'd blush.

That's the price you pay for fishing walleye sized jigs waiting for them to show up and chow down on the perch. Glad to see they finally did make an appearance, better late than never I guess. It was an awesome day - decent fishing, bright and sunny (if a tad chilly at times) and best of all - awesome company.

Thanks a million to WIG and MM for the rides. [/quote]
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Thanks guys. That reportis just what I needed to kick of my day. Awesome.

I know you were hoping for a couple lakers, but those walleye are a big highlight. Nice work on icing them.

Makes me a little envious when I see you guys getting together like that. What a great bunch of anglers to hang out with. When I saw that list, I knew there'd be lots of great pics with smiles and fish.

Very nicely done! :P

....just out of curiousity...I cleaned a mess of perch up there last spring. Some were infected with that annoying parasite. Any sign of it in the winter perch?
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

Looked like a good time, great pic's
Well and truly hooked!
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

I didn't clean any of the perch...just the eye's..but I did notice alot of the perch pulled through definately had the small black spots indicating worms...
Ian and Tony how did the fillet's look?
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Fillets looked great!! Huge peices of meat!!

Very clean fillets.. and tasty :)
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

Nice fish guys...Wish I was fishing too!