St. Lawrence Carpin' June 19th with Canadian Bacon

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

It is fantastic fishing for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am hooked!!!
Floatinator
Participant
Participant

Sweet!

Post by Floatinator »

You guys just hammered those big goldfish! Wish i could have been there but had to work! Still trying to land one myself on the float rod...Keep up to good work boys!
grumpy7790
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Rigs

Post by grumpy7790 »

Wow John and CB!

I found this site showing a bunch of Carp rigs maybe John could comment:
http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cache:4G ... bait&hl=en
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I can't stop opening this post and admiring these fish! Truely stunning. John you've been a great help to so many people.

If you can put a trophy in Bacons hands, you're limits as a guide are unquestionable!
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Thanks for the kind words bacon... it was a great day out both in company and results with lots of 20's and a 30 too. The struggle up and down the bank all day was worth it although i'm suprised i didn't get soaked at least once :lol: :lol:
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

John you truly made the day for me and Markus......bite me :lol:
SD fits you!!! :lol:
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Very nice fellas, very nice!

I am just a little envious. (OK, maybe a lot).

M.T. Livewell
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Are you guys having a problem with this thread? Either this database is screwed up again or my head is on backwards. I'm seeing page 2 of 1 and there is no place to go to the second page.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Yep bobber seems to be fine now... I was going to reply to bacon to thank him for making it a great day on saturday and i noticed others had replied but i hadn't seen them in the main thread... Looks like you've got to the bottom of it now.

To reply to grumpy7790.. that's not a bad page to see some of the rigs out there.. most have some safety built into them so the 3oz lead will come free if the fish gets snagged. Also, the helicopter style rig is mainly used to silt or muddy waters where you can set the depth of how much line you want to dissappear into the bottom... it's a great rig for no tangles but as most of the lake bottoms are rocky where i fish i generally don't use it.

You'll also notice some of the rigs are fairly advanced and look a little more complicated to tie :lol: They're over the top for canada but maybe one day something more complicated will be required.
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

You know you are in for some fine fish pics when John starts a carp thread with the word WOW. Great fish guys. Incredible. Love to get out with you John when you get a vacancy although I can see htat your sked is filling up.

Mick