Dill Salmon

Lots of people love fish. They are good for you and taste great. Please tell us how you prepare and cook your fish.
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

A recipe I use for salmon fillets is to preheat the oven to 350*F. Slice up some onions and pay them on the bottom of the baking sheet. Place salmon skin-side down on the onions. Layer more onions on top. Mix the following together (can't remember theexact amounts but use your judgement):
- miracle whip (lots)
- lemon juice (a few dashes)
- fresh (or not) dillweed (a decent amount as this is the main flavour along with the lemon and miracle whip)
- fresh cracked black pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder (just a small bit)
- NO salt - it dries out the fish.

Slather or pour that mixture on the salmon, completely covering it. Bake until the middle of the fish is no longer dark pink (I think about 16-18 minutes but your mileage may vary depending on thickness of fillet and your individual oven).

This is a recipe from a restaurant in Thunder Bay that is FAMOUS for its salmon. I won't name the restaurant but I can tell you that this recipe tastes absolutely amazing. Enjoy!
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

curls wrote:A recipe I use for salmon fillets is to preheat the oven to 350*F. Slice up some onions and pay them on the bottom of the baking sheet. Place salmon skin-side down on the onions. Layer more onions on top. Mix the following together (can't remember theexact amounts but use your judgement):
- miracle whip (lots)
- lemon juice (a few dashes)
- fresh (or not) dillweed (a decent amount as this is the main flavour along with the lemon and miracle whip)
- fresh cracked black pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder (just a small bit)
- NO salt - it dries out the fish.

Slather or pour that mixture on the salmon, completely covering it. Bake until the middle of the fish is no longer dark pink (I think about 16-18 minutes but your mileage may vary depending on thickness of fillet and your individual oven).
My brother in-law does salmon fillets this way it is great. It also works well on the barbeque wrapped in tin foil.