Bread Crumb Battered Fish

Lots of people love fish. They are good for you and taste great. Please tell us how you prepare and cook your fish.
High Noon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Bread Crumb Battered Fish

Post by High Noon »

I was wondering what some of your favourite fish recipes are. Mine is from an article that my mother in-law cut out of Globe and Mail some 20 years ago. The article was about a famous guide from Northern Ontario. He shared many shore lunches with his clients using this recipe. I have tried this recipe with bass, pike and walleye and it is awesome with all of them.

Preparation time 20 minutes

2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup of beer
1/2tsp. vegetable oil
3 sprigs (their word not mine) fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. sage
3 tbsp. dried bread crumbs
1/2 cup all purpose flour

Combine all the ingredients except the flour to form a smooth liquid. Add flour slowly, beating continually. It should not be too thick or too thin. If it's too thick after the flour add some carnation evaporated milk to thin it out a little. It can be made the night before. Makes enough batter for 12 - 4 ounce pieces of fish.

Now all I have to do is get better at fishing so, I can enjoy a few more shore lunches. How do you know when you are addicted to Fish Hawk? Is it when you start sharing fish recipes with men that you have yet to meet? :D :D :D