I am done

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
carpangler
Participant
Participant

I am done

Post by carpangler »

If someone haphazardly decides to delete my posts asking how long a guy fought a fish for...well then, scratch one more member. Actually joined because I learn a lot from a few of the posters, namely RJ.. as he fishes the same water we do.

But to see the commonality between overt political correctness( a friend posted about Asians poaching repeatedly - and got internet shamed for sticking up for HIS resources !! ), and looking at some fool posting inside "jokes" with the 2 people who could possibly bear his company on a boat and talking about using fish he catches for his garden fertilizer...then complaining about duck hunters using"their" water in late fall..lol. Too funny...and annoying as old hell.

Why not be able to point out that certain people rape our waters yearly and leave our shorelines filthy?>...it is a forum to educate and point out that it occurs. Many of them are on here zeroing in on your favorite spring crappie haunts, don't tell me you haven't seen the gangs of them on the Rideau in April.

Ciao! :)
Lenny
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: I am done

Post by Lenny »

I completely disagree with your stance on Asian anglers. The ones I have seen on the Rideau, Dow's Lake and the Ottawa River are like encyclopaedias when it comes to fish identification and the regulations. Most are 100% catch and release and fish barbless. Out of season bass can never be found in their bucket, nor can bass under 12 inches. Saying that you've seen asians poaching is a surprise to almost any angler that has fished. They also are very polite and usually speak perfect english when approached. There's nobody I would rather see in one of my fishing spots than an asian as I know they won't tell anyone in their family about the spot, won't keep any fish and will leave it spotless with no garbage when they're done fishing.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Do what you want. Really no need to let everyone know if you don't decide to come back. Seems like seeking attention to me...

The short of it is that no one post will ever be construed the same when sent out on a public messaging board. Some you'll like, some you won't.

You have to remember that many of us know each other and our senses of humour. This site has been an excellent resource for me to learn and share on and I have met many good people over the years because of it. In fact, most of my good friends have come directly from this site. My fishing partner and I were best friends in elementary school and lost touch. This site
is how we came back into contact with each other.

I honestly owe a lot to this site and hate to see posts like this.

If you've been hurt by a simple deletion of a post or because your opinion does not match someone else's, it isn't the end of the world. I haven't had it happen to me here but have on other boards. My opinions did no match the ops and apparently my opinion stirred the pot to the point where mods had to spent hours cleaning up the post. So they deleted mine as well as half of the others.

All a post like this is doing is making more work for a mod. I don't usually post on these but seeing as I think you have more to gain from sticking around, I thought I would chime in.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Not sure if i should start another thread, or post my thoughts in this one...first world problems!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

How many members have decided to leave because of haphazardly deleted posts?
One maybe two ........ :cry: You just can't please everyone. So bye bye.

Adam said it best: "Seems like seeking attention to me... " :wink:
I'll keep all my other thoughts and comments to myself. 8)
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

carpangler wrote:If someone haphazardly decides to delete my posts asking how long a guy fought a fish for...well then, scratch one more member. Actually joined because I learn a lot from a few of the posters, namely RJ.. as he fishes the same water we do.

But to see the commonality between overt political correctness( a friend posted about Asians poaching repeatedly - and got internet shamed for sticking up for HIS resources !! ), and looking at some fool posting inside "jokes" with the 2 people who could possibly bear his company on a boat and talking about using fish he catches for his garden fertilizer...then complaining about duck hunters using"their" water in late fall..lol. Too funny...and annoying as old hell.

Why not be able to point out that certain people rape our waters yearly and leave our shorelines filthy?>...it is a forum to educate and point out that it occurs. Many of them are on here zeroing in on your favorite spring crappie haunts, don't tell me you haven't seen the gangs of them on the Rideau in April.

Ciao! :)
Thats a shame. Your numerous and detailed reports will be sorely missed.

I appreciate you outlining in no uncertain terms your reasons for leaving this site with this eloquent post.

On one hand, you seem to fight for the little guy who bucks the politically correctness imposed by the powers that be.

On the other hand, you seem to be scolding others for their politically incorrect stance about fertilizer and hunters in a public waterway and minorities.

I suppose you fight and support ONLY for opinions and views that are in line with your own.

I do not have that luxury. I will not always agree with what you have to say, but I will always fight for your right to say it. Just put it in the right place.

Good luck at he next Klan meeting.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

cprince wrote:
Good luck at he next Klan meeting.
I'm not sure if it is politically correct for me to laugh at this one. :|
Ah what the heck ... :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Pembrokespanky wrote:Perhaps using the "Ignore" feature might help avoid some of the the conflict.

Remember that this is nothing more than the internet, it brings out the wannabe attitudes in some, but is in no way like the real world. Use it as a source of information and leave it at that.
Perfect note to lock this thread on and let it sink to the bottom of this site like so much detritus.