A Message from the New Guys...

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Message from the New Guys...

Post by RJ »

Hey folks,

First off we'd like to thank those who have sent along notes of congratulations and support with this newly taken on task. It means a lot to us today and will even more in the future. When news trickled out regarding the predicament the site was facing it took one phone call to Luke, a 2 minute conversation to confirm his interest and we were off. Mike and Rob were great right from the start of this process, a deal was struck and the rest is history.

We will admit we did chuckle a few times as we chatted afterwards with remarks like..."Are we really sure we want to do this?" Every time we'd laugh and the answer was YES.

The site means a lot to so many people, Luke and I included. We will thrive to keep it going as is with a few tweaks here and there to get it fresh. This will not happen overnight. Currently we have no plans to change anything but have began brainstorming on plans that we hope you all will enjoy in the future.

This week has been a whirlwind for us truthfully, it will take a bit to even wrap our heads prioritizing what we need to take care of first. But we're on it! Baby steps though.

We've all heard folks say "This place isn't what it used to be". I don't buy into that notion one bit but some do. How do we get it back to what it was once perceived to be? Luke and I can't, but YOU can. Yes YOU! We all play a part in creating the content of the site. Go fishing, snap some pics, post a report! Get involved, meet people etc. The rewards are huge and yours for the taking, heck Luke and I met on here.

In closing, thanks to Mike and Rob for allowing us to carry on with the site, we'll take care of your baby from now on. Don't be strangers.

RJ and Luke
Wolfy
Participant
Participant

Re: A Message from the New Guys...

Post by Wolfy »

Thx RJ/Luke for taking the reigns and running with fish-hawk. You guys will do well!!

Wolfy!
i got worms
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by i got worms »

Big congrats fellas! It's always been a great site and I'm confident that you two will keep it rockin' as good as ever!
I got 99 problems but a fish ain't one...
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

Good luck guys!

I am not a huge contributor here (and not here at all in hunting season....) but will try to help out as and where I can.

and THANKS!

Doug
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

RJ and Fatluke,

As already said, thank you for stepping up to the plate! This place has allowed me to meet some very interesting characters than I now consider friends.

Good luck with everything!
Joesalerno1
Participant
Participant

Post by Joesalerno1 »

Good luck guys, I have been here from 2000 and is a site near and dear to me, glad you are doing this, looking forward to the next 15 years!
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Please allow me to say welcome to the Admin section of Fish-Hawk. Please excuse the mess, I wasn't expecting anyone... if I thought I would see anyone in here I would have tidied up a bit.

To your left you will see a pile of penis enlarging pill deleted posts and free access passes to The Fapppening featuring whats-her-name from the kids movies and some guy who is likely passing out every time he gets excited.

To your right is removed posts with BassAddict and 24/7 calling eachother stupid Frenchmen and bird brains.

Just step over some of those posts some mod (cprince I think is his name, but others have much more colorful names for him...) wrote just to see if anyone was reading these things...

Enjoy the ambiance RJ and Luke. Enjoy reading the pages and pages of removed posts deemed too controversial for this site.

All kidding aside, welcome boys. Thanks for stepping up. I know this site will continue with the same tradition but with a new vitality.

One question about the Management Change Orientation Workbook you guys sent me.... is that sticker supposed to be there?

Craig
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

cprince wrote:
All kidding aside, welcome boys. Thanks for stepping up. I know this site will continue with the same tradition but with a new vitality.

One question about the Management Change Orientation Workbook you guys sent me.... is that sticker supposed to be there?

Craig
What were you expecting ? "The Book Of Love"

BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
Raydar
Participant
Participant

Post by Raydar »

I'm really glad things worked out boys.
I don't get out as much as I would like with young kids and all but I always come to this site to live through all your post and dream of the next time I'll get out.
I've learned a lot from fish-hawk, enjoyed the conversations and met some really nice people who share the same passion.
Thanks again guys for keeping it alive.
Raydar.
Keep your line in the water and there will always be a smile on your face.
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

cprince wrote:Please allow me to say welcome to the Admin section of Fish-Hawk. Please excuse the mess, I wasn't expecting anyone... if I thought I would see anyone in here I would have tidied up a bit.

To your left you will see a pile of penis enlarging pill deleted posts and free access passes to The Fapppening featuring whats-her-name from the kids movies and some guy who is likely passing out every time he gets excited.

To your right is removed posts with BassAddict and 24/7 calling eachother stupid Frenchmen and bird brains.

Just step over some of those posts some mod (cprince I think is his name, but others have much more colorful names for him...) wrote just to see if anyone was reading these things...

Enjoy the ambiance RJ and Luke. Enjoy reading the pages and pages of removed posts deemed too controversial for this site.

Craig
Beautiful................. :lol:
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

Thanks a bunch for stepping up guys, I've learned a lot from fish hawk over the years i'd hate to see it go.

:character-beavisbutthead:
Cy
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troutskiii »

Great news lads congrats, good to keep the forum alive!!! I think RJ summed it up well, more write ups and local reports, pics etc... Would be great if everyone contributed, not everyone is going to has a "Moosebunk" quality report but every little bit counts in the end.

Cheers
clint
Participant
Participant

Post by clint »

As someone who doesn't always have much to post but is still an almost daily lurker, thank you.

With Craigs earlier post about community minded individuals stepping up, I figured the only 2 real options would have been Big Jim or you.

I don't know what your plans are for the site, but I am just saying that if you fellas need to gather a bit of cash for bandwidth, or site updating or even to break a chunk off for mods every now and then i would be 100% behind some sort of yearly premium membership if need be.

If you do do a site and logo update and you wanted to do a run of hoodies or t-shirts with an updated look to them to raise some cash or exposure for the site i would proudly rock out with my hawk out.

Even if it stays as is, thank you. Back when the big crash happened i still checked it everyday, so i know i would have missed this place if it disappeared forever. I would have been behind this stuff before as well, I just didn't realize how close it was to the end.
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

Man, I must be spending too much time doing something far less important. I had no idea this was going on.

If came here and found Fish Hawk gone, I'd be pi$$ed. The old 'you don't value of something until it's gone' scenario. And I do value it!!! I was disappointed when the hunting portion disappeared.

What do we need to do to support this site??? Just post? Or something else?
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

If you are fearful, a worse will back off.
If you are calm and confident, it will come forward.
For those who are often flattered or feared, the horse can be a welcome mirror of the best in human nature.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, RJ & Luke, I am today, a Flattered Horse! ;)

This was indeed a community effort, so I thank you all as Fish-Hawk will see another day….then again that was kinda of a gimmy as it’s already tomorrow in Australia. 8-)

Honourable mention to Craiger's, you've kept it running through the good, the bad and the ugly! ;)
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!