FH closing March 1st ???

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: FH closing March 1st ???

Post by smitty55 »

RJ wrote:I'll never understand why people choose to be negative especially at a time like this. RJ
No offense, but that's not exactly a positive comment either Rob. I was hoping as a real long term member that you would have some good things to offer to this post. From what Mav has said, the more positive comments on this thread the better. I don't know if it will help in the long run but the more people the better I figure.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

smitty55 wrote:
RJ wrote:I'll never understand why people choose to be negative especially at a time like this. RJ
No offense, but that's not exactly a positive comment either Rob. I was hoping as a real long term member that you would have some good things to offer to this post. From what Mav has said, the more positive comments on this thread the better. I don't know if it will help in the long run but the more people the better I figure.

Cheers
No offense taken Smitty, you're probably right though.

I have nothing positive to offer to this at this point, wish I did. Stay tuned.

RJ
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

RJ wrote:Stay tuned.

RJ
:o :o :o <---- my drama face!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Well I must say that Rob has been very tolerant of me over the years. :D

Tks Rob !!
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
LifeIsntWasted
Participant
Participant

Post by LifeIsntWasted »

zippyfx wrote: That number is not out of line for most forms of social media.... This metric also excludes those who are unregistered and troll (like the many who have recently signed up indicate) and those who are registered and troll.
So I am automatically a troll because I recently registered and commented on this post? Cool.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

LifeIsntWasted wrote:
zippyfx wrote: That number is not out of line for most forms of social media.... This metric also excludes those who are unregistered and troll (like the many who have recently signed up indicate) and those who are registered and troll.
So I am automatically a troll because I recently registered and commented on this post? Cool.
I hope you're kidding, that's not how zippy meant it at all. He meant trolling in a nice way , like in fishing. :)

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
LifeIsntWasted
Participant
Participant

Post by LifeIsntWasted »

I had no idea, thats why I asked :) I didn't want to jump to conclusions and get mad over nothing. Takes awhile to get peoples humor on forums, so hopefully FH sticks around and I get the chance to learn how everyone interacts. I'm enjoying it so far.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

TheMaverick wrote: Why not give up Fish-Hawk to the one and only guy that stood by when all other mods left it to sink?
I agree completely Marc
Just like with many things in our lives, interest can fade over time, for example rods, reels etc ;)

In this case, the current owners, for their own reasons, have lost interest. Not a problem, but not unlike a 2007 Stradic with only a bit of boat rash, It's time to flip it over to one who would still appreciate it and make it zing again.

It shouldn't be what it once was, but instead, what it can be today and will be tomorrow.

CPrince could make this site top drawer...
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

I have been a member for almost 12 years and a troll before that:-)
I don't feel the need to be a prolific poster, but I try to add value when I can.
It doesn't mean that I care any less about FishHawk. I would miss it. I also wouldn't be totally upset if it changed for the better either. Less drama, more fishing ... would be better, just my opinion.
When the site was growing there was always new content, maps, tips, member reports, and even daily or weekly trivia. It was fun and informative. It can always be that again if the site continues on. Now I have no idea how much work or time it takes to operate a board like this, but I know that I wouldn't expect anyone to be doing it if there wasn't a return on it.
That being said... I send a big THANK YOU to all involved in the operation of the site, I have enjoyed more than a decade of Adventure weekends, Angling Idol competitions and looking out for beige and burgundy ballcaps while out on the water, and I hope to continue to do so.
OntarioRider
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by OntarioRider »

I will admit it .. I am a lurker. I read more than I post. If the site closes down it will be missed .. and I will definitely go through withdrawals.

I will also admit that I check-in multiple times per day (at work and at home) just to see what is new and to see what adventures others on this site are up to. The fishing reports are great. I have seen some really good advice handed out .. in addition to some good fun. It is a great community and an odd family of sorts .. with the occasional disagreement which generally irons itself out. I have seen some people get their feathers ruffled and decided to walk away from the site. Lurkers have joined .. like myself and many other newbies. There will always be changeover of people in groups.
I have missed out on opportunities to actually meet some of the members on the site. I am sure I have met some of you in my travels on the surrounding waterways .. I should have bought that Fish-hawk hat when I saw it at baitcasters!
Good, bad or indifferent .. the site is informative and provides some great entertainment.